Creativity, analytical skills, personality traits, and innovative capability: A lab experiment
Innovation economics is usually neglecting the psychological tradition of creativity research. Our study is an attempt to experimentally collect behavioral data revealing in how far personality characteristics like creativity, analytical skills and personality traits on the one hand and innovative capability, the topic of innovation economics, on the other hand are interrelated. We find that participants' performance in innovation games is related to their creativity, risk tolerance and self-control. Other personality traits such as participants' anxiety, independence, tough-mindedness, analytical skills and extraversion at best play a minor role.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Keplerstr. 17, 72074 Tübingen|
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glenn C. Loury, 1979.
"Market Structure and Innovation,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 93(3), pages 395-410.
- Flaig, Gebhard & Stadler, Manfred, 1994. "Success Breeds Success. The Dynamics of the Innovation Process," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 55-68.
- Martin Kukuk & Manfred Stadler, 2001. "Financing Constraints and the Timing of Innovations in the German Services Sector," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 277-292, September.
- Malerba, Franco, 2007. "Innovation and the dynamics and evolution of industries: Progress and challenges," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 675-699, August.
- Anderson, Simon P. & Goeree, Jacob K. & Ramer, Roald, 1997. "Location, Location, Location," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 102-127, November.
- Flaig, Gebhard & Stadler, Manfred, 1994. "Success breeds success. The dynamics of the innovation process," Munich Reprints in Economics 20366, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Nti, Kofi O, 1997. "Comparative Statics of Contests and Rent-Seeking Games," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(1), pages 43-59, February.
- Kukuk Martin & Stadler Manfred, 2005. "Market Structure and Innovation Races / Marktstruktur und Innovationsrennen: An Empirical Assessment Using Indirect Inference / Eine empirische Untersuchung mit Hilfe der indirekten Schätzmethode," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 225(4), pages 427-440, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tuewef:44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.