Der Aufbau der ostdeutschen Infrastruktur und sein Beitrag zur wirtschaftlichen Entwicklung in Sachsen
This discussion paper deals with the reconstruction of transportation and telecommunication infrastructures in Eastern Germany and especially Saxony after the 1990 unification. Following a representation of investment measures and their influence on capital stocks in transportation infrastructure the author discusses the infrastructural situation of Saxonys three main agglomerations Dresden, Leipzig, Chemnitz and their location in European economic space. Concluding the paper Saxonys integration into the system of Transeuropean Networks and their planned extensions into Central and Eastern Europe is briefly examined.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://tu-dresden.de/die_tu_dresden/fakultaeten/vkw/iwv
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heike Link, 1996. "Immer noch Nachholbedarf bei der Verkehrsinfrastruktur in Ostdeutschland," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 63(50), pages 805-815.
- Röhl, Klaus-Heiner, 2000. "Die Eignung der sächsischen Agglomerationsräume als Innovations- und Wachstumspole für die wirtschaftliche Entwicklung des Landes," Discussion Papers 1/2000, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Transportation and Traffic Sciences "Friedrich List", Institute for Transport and Economics.
- David Aschauer, 1988.
"Is public expenditure productive?,"
88-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bröcker, Johannes, 1998. "Spatial effects of transeuropean networks: Preliminary results from a spatial computable general equilibrium analysis," Discussion Papers 4/98, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Transportation and Traffic Sciences "Friedrich List", Institute for Transport and Economics.
- Krugman, Paul, 1994. "Complex Landscapes in Economic Geography," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 412-16, May.
- Link, Heike & Nilsson, Jan-Eric, 2005. "Infrastructure," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-83, January.
- Bröcker, Johannes, 1998. "Spatial effects of transport infrastructure: The role of market structure," Discussion Papers 5/98, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Transportation and Traffic Sciences "Friedrich List", Institute for Transport and Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tudiwv:22000. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.