A guided tour through quadratic hedging approaches
This paper gives an overview of results and developments in the area of pricing and hedging contingent claims in an incomplete market by means of a quadratic criterion. We first present the approach of risk-minimization in the case where the underlying discounted price process X is a local martingale. We then discuss the extension to local risk-minimization when X is a semimartingale and explain the relations to the Föllmer-Schweizer decomposition and the minimal martingale measure. Finally we study mean-variance hedging, the variance-optimal martingale measure and the connections to closeness properties of spaces of stochastic integrals.
|Date of creation:||1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://www.wiwi.hu-berlin.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 2001. "A Comparison of Two Quadratic Approaches to Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 385-413.
- Robert C. Merton, 1973. "Theory of Rational Option Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 4(1), pages 141-183, Spring.
- Lamberton, Damien & Pham, Huyên & Schweizer, Martin, 1998. "Local risk-minimization under transaction costs," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,18, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Föllmer, H. & Schweizer, M., 1989. "Hedging by Sequential Regression: an Introduction to the Mathematics of Option Trading," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(S1), pages 29-42, November.
- repec:crs:wpaper:9830 is not listed on IDEAS
- Huyěn Pham & Nizar Touzi, 1996. "Equilibrium State Prices In A Stochastic Volatility Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 215-236.
- Rheinländer, Thorsten & Schweizer, Martin, 1997. "On L2-projections on a space of stochastic integrals," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1997,25, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:sfb373:199996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.