Cotton-based development in Sub-Saharan Africa? Global commodity chains, national market structure and development outcomes in Burkina Faso, Mozambique and Tanzania
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Claire Delpeuch & Antoine Leblois, 2013.
"Sub-Saharan African Cotton Policies in Retrospect,"
Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 31(5), pages 617-642, September.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Leblois, Antoine, 2010. "Sub-Saharan African Cotton Policies in Retrospect," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96174, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Claire Delpeuch & Antoine Leblois, 2011. "Sub-Saharan African Cotton Policies in Retrospect," Working Papers hal-00866412, HAL.
- Claire Delpeuch & Antoine Leblois, 2011. "Sub-Saharan African Cotton Policies in Retrospect," CIRED Working Papers hal-00866412, HAL.
- Claire Delpeuch & Antoine Leblois, 2013. "Sub-Saharan African Cotton Policies in Retrospect," Post-Print hal-02873235, HAL.
- Ederer, Stefan & Heumesser, Christine & Staritz, Cornelia, 2013. "The role of fundamentals and financialisation in recent commodity price developments: An empirical analysis for wheat, coffee, cotton, and oil," Working Papers 42, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
- Julie Dana & Christopher L. Gilbert, 2008. "Managing Agricultural Price Risk in Developing Countries," Department of Economics Working Papers 0819, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Poulton, Colin & Gibbon, Peter & Hanyani-Mlambo, Benjamine & Kydd, Jonathan & Maro, Wilbald & Larsen, Marianne Nylandsted & Osorio, Afonso & Tschirley, David & Zulu, Ballard, 2004. "Competition and Coordination in Liberalized African Cotton Market Systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 519-536, March.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Headey, Derek & Bernard, Tanguy, 2009.
"Institutional Reform in the Burkinabè Cotton Sector and its Impacts on Incomes and Food Security: 1996-2006,"
290005, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Kaminski, Jonathan & Headey, Derek & Bernard, Tanguy, 2009. "Institutional reform in the Burkinabè cotton sector and its impacts on incomes and food security: 1996-2006," IFPRI discussion papers 920, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jeffrey Vitale & Marc Ouattarra & Gaspard Vognan, 2011. "Enhancing Sustainability of Cotton Production Systems in West Africa: A Summary of Empirical Evidence from Burkina Faso," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(8), pages 1-34, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Staritz, Cornelia & Tröster, Bernhard & Küblböck, Karin, 2015. "Managing commodity price risks: The cases of cotton in Burkina Faso and Mozambique and coffee in Ethiopia," Policy Notes 16/2015, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research.
More about this item
Keywordscommodity-based development; cotton; price instability; value addition; Burkina Faso; Mozambique; Tanzania;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:oefsew:54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ofsewat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.