Comparative analysis of regional development: Exploratory space-time data analysis and open source implementation
This paper aims to make contributions to comparative analysis of regional economic dynamics in China and the US from the methodological perspective. More specifically, some recent advances in exploratory space-time data analysis (ESTDA) will be suggested and implemented to conduct this task in an open source environment. China and the US have been the subject of much discussion about the patterns and trends of regional development, because of their importance in the world economic system. Despite the rich and growing empirical literature on numerous case studies at both national and sub-national scales, comparative space time analysis between and within these two economic systems has just begun to catch attentions. Additionally, ESTDA and its open source implementation can facilitate comparative studies of regional development.
|Date of creation:||2014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Kiellinie 66, D-24105 Kiel|
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://www.economics-ejournal.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sergio J. Rey & Mark V. Janikas, 2004. "STARS: Space-Time Analysis of Regional Systems," Urban/Regional 0406001, EconWPA.
- Amnon Levy & Khorshed Chowdhury, 1995. "A Geographical Decomposition of Intercountry Income Inequality," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 37(4), pages 1-17, December.
- Sergio J. Rey & Mark V. Janikas, 2005. "Regional convergence, inequality, and space," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 155-176, April.
- Luc Anselin, 2010. "Thirty years of spatial econometrics," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 3-25, 03.
- Eckhardt Bode & Sergio J. Rey, 2006. "The spatial dimension of economic growth and convergence," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 171-176, 06.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:201420. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.