Democratic prospects in Imperial Russia: The revolution of 1905 and the political stock market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sibylle H. Lehmann, 2014.
"Taking firms to the stock market: IPOs and the importance of large banks in imperial Germany, 1896–1913,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 67(1), pages 92-122, February.
- Sibylle H. Lehmann, 2012. "Taking Firms to the Stock Market: IPOs and the Importance of Large Banks in Imperial Germany 1896-1913," Working Papers 0026, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Lehmann, Sibylle H., 2012. "Taking firms to the stock market: IPOs and the importance of large banks in Imperial Germany 1896 - 1913," FZID Discussion Papers 58-2012, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Toke S. Aidt & Raphaël Franck, 2015. "Democratization Under the Threat of Revolution: Evidence From the Great Reform Act of 1832," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 83, pages 505-547, March.
- Gelman, Sergey & Burhop, Carsten, 2008. "Taxation, regulation and the information efficiency of the Berlin stock exchange, 1892–1913," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 39-66, April.
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson, 2000.
"Why Did the West Extend the Franchise? Democracy, Inequality, and Growth in Historical Perspective,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1167-1199.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Robinson, James A, 1998. "Why did the West Extend the Franchise? Democracy, Inequality and Growth in Historical Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 1797, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oosterlinck, Kim, 2003.
"The bond market and the legitimacy of Vichy France,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 326-344, July.
- Kim Oosterlinck, 2003. "The bond market and the legitimacy of Vichy France," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/142693, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kim Oosterlinck, 2003. "The Bond Market and the Legitimacy of Vichy France," Working Papers CEB 03-003.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Beaulieu, Emily & Cox, Gary W. & Saiegh, Sebastian, 2012. "Sovereign Debt and Regime Type: Reconsidering the Democratic Advantage," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 66(04), pages 709-738, October.
- Baltzer, Markus, 2006. "Cross-listed stocks as an information vehicle of speculation: Evidence from European cross-listings in the early 1870s," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 301-327, December.
- Aidt, T.S. & Dutta, Jayasri & Loukoianova, Elena, 2006. "Democracy comes to Europe: Franchise extension and fiscal outcomes 1830-1938," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 249-283, February.
- Brown, William O. & Burdekin, Richard C. K., 2000.
"Turning Points in the U.S. Civil War: A British Perspective,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(01), pages 216-231, March.
- William O. Brown, Jr. & Richard C.K. Burdekin, "undated". "Turning Points in the U.S. Civil War: A British Perspective," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 1999-29, Claremont Colleges.
- Alessandro Lizzeri & Nicola Persico, 2004. "Why did the Elites Extend the Suffrage? Democracy and the Scope of Government, with an Application to Britain's "Age of Reform"," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(2), pages 707-765.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Brown, William O, Jr & Burdekin, Richard C K, 2002. "German Debt Traded in London during the Second World War: A British Perspective on Hitler," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 69(276), pages 655-669, November.
- Stephanie Collet, 2013.
"The financial penalty for 'unfair' debt: the case of Cuban bonds at the time of independence,"
European Review of Economic History,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(3), pages 364-387, August.
- Stéphanie Collet, 2013. "The financial penalty for "unfair" debt: The case of Cuban bonds at the time of independence," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/168975, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Giovanni B. Pittaluga & Giampiero Cama & Elena Seghezza, 2015. "Editor's choice Democracy, extension of suffrage, and redistribution in nineteenth-century Europe," European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 317-334.
- Husted, Thomas A & Kenny, Lawrence W, 1997. "The Effect of the Expansion of the Voting Franchise on the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(1), pages 54-82, February.
- Konstantin Kholodilin & Dirk Ulbricht & Georg Wagner, 2014. "Are the Economic Sanctions against Russia Effective?," DIW Roundup: Politik im Fokus 28, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Aparna Mathur & Kartikeya Singh, 2013.
"Foreign direct investment, corruption and democracy,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(8), pages 991-1002, March.
- Aparna Mathur & Kartikeya Singh, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment, Corruption, and Democracy," AEI Economics Working Papers 49722, American Enterprise Institute.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Lehmann-Hasemeyer, Sibylle & Hauber, Philipp & Opitz, Alexander, 2014. "The Political Stock Market in the German Kaiserreich — Do Markets Punish the Extension of the Suffrage to the Benefit of the Working Class? Evidence from Saxony," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 74(04), pages 1140-1167, December.
- Li, Quan & Resnick, Adam, 2003. "Reversal of Fortunes: Democratic Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment Inflows to Developing Countries," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 57(01), pages 175-211, December.
More about this item
Keywordsrussian economic history; political stock market; Democratic change; impact war on stock markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-02-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2016-02-23 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HIS-2016-02-23 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hohdps:152015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwhohde.html .