On the road to integration? Immigrant’s demand for informal (& formal) education
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicola Daniele Coniglio & Rezart Hoxhaj & Hubert Jayet, 2019. "On the road to integration? Immigrants’ demand for informal (& formal) education," SERIES 01-2019, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised May 2019.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Hamermesh & Stephen Trejo, 2013.
"How do immigrants spend their time? The process of assimilation,"
Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 507-530, April.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Trejo, Stephen, 2010. "How Do Immigrants Spend Their Time? The Process of Assimilation," IZA Discussion Papers 5010, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cragg, John G, 1971. "Some Statistical Models for Limited Dependent Variables with Application to the Demand for Durable Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 829-844, September.
- Fahr, Rene, 2005. "Loafing or learning?--the demand for informal education," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 75-98, January.
- Garry F. Barrett & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2019.
"Labor Supply Elasticities: Overcoming Nonclassical Measurement Error Using More Accurate Hours Data,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(1), pages 255-265.
- Garry Barrett & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2016. "Labor Supply Elasticities: Overcoming Nonclassical Measurement Error Using More Accurate Hours Data," NBER Working Papers 22920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barrett, Garry F. & Hamermesh, Daniel S., 2016. "Labor Supply Elasticities: Overcoming Nonclassical Measurement Error Using More Accurate Hours Data," IZA Discussion Papers 10404, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anzelika Zaiceva & Klaus Zimmermann, 2014.
"Children, Kitchen, Church: does ethnicity matter?,"
Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 83-103, March.
- Zaiceva, Anzelika & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2007. "Children, Kitchen, Church: Does Ethnicity Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6491, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zaiceva, Anzelika & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2007. "Children, Kitchen, Church: Does Ethnicity Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 3070, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Anzelika Zaiceva & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2007. "Children, Kitchen, Church: Does Ethnicity Matter?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 727, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Antonio Caparrós Ruiz, 2017. "Foreign Workers’ Time Use in Spain: Evidence from the First Decade of the Twenty-First Century," Journal of International Migration and Integration, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 159-182, February.
- Cornelia Lawson, 2013.
"Academic Inventions Outside the University: Investigating Patent Ownership in the UK,"
Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(5), pages 385-398, July.
- Meissner Cornelia, 2011. "Academic Patenting: Opportunity, Support or Attitude?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201107, University of Turin.
- Lawson, Cornelia, 2012. "Academic inventions outside the university: A result of industry sponsorship or entrepreneurial activities?," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201216, University of Turin.
- Marcén, Miriam & Molina, José Alberto & Morales, Marina, 2018.
"The effect of culture on the fertility decisions of immigrant women in the United States,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 15-28.
- Marcén, Miriam & Molina, Jose Alberto & Morales, Marina, 2016. "The effect of culture on the fertility decisions of immigrant women in the United States," MPRA Paper 75511, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Langyintuo, Augustine S. & Mungoma, Catherine, 2008. "The effect of household wealth on the adoption of improved maize varieties in Zambia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 550-559, December.
- Dorotic, Matilda & Verhoef, Peter C. & Fok, Dennis & Bijmolt, Tammo H.A., 2014. "Reward redemption effects in a loyalty program when customers choose how much and when to redeem," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 339-355.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0200 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronelle Burger & Canh Thien Dang & Trudy Owens, 2017. "Better performing NGOs do report more accurately: Evidence from investigating Ugandan NGO financial accounts," Discussion Papers 2017-10, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Niclas Hagelin, 2003. "Why firms hedge with currency derivatives: an examination of transaction and translation exposure," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 55-69.
- Subir K. Chakrabarti & Srikant Devaraj & Pankaj C. Patel, 2021. "Minimum wage and restaurant hygiene violations: Evidence from Seattle," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 42(1), pages 85-99, January.
- Frank Crowley & John Eakins & Declan Jordan, 2012. "Participation,Expenditure and Regressivity in the Irish Lottery:Evidence from Irish Household Budget Survey 2004/2005," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 199-225.
- Helen Jensen & Justo Manrique, 1998.
"Demand for food commodities by income groups in Indonesia,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 491-501.
- Helen H. Jensen & Justo Manrique, 1996. "Demand for Food Commodities by Income Groups in Indonesia," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 96-wp166, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Jensen, Helen H. & Manrique, Justo, 1998. "Demand for Food Commodities by Income Groups in Indonesia," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1016, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Torres, Marcelo de O. & Felthoven, Ronald G., 2014. "Productivity growth and product choice in catch share fisheries: The case of Alaska pollock," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PA), pages 280-289.
- Giuseppe Bertola & Luigi Guiso & Luigi Pistaferri, 2005. "Uncertainty and Consumer Durables Adjustment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(4), pages 973-1007.
- Catia Batista & Janis Umblijs, 2016.
"Do migrants send remittances as a way of self-insurance?,"
Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(1), pages 108-130.
- Catia Batista & Janis Umblijs, 2014. "Do migrants send remittances as a way of self-insurance?," NOVAFRICA Working Paper Series wp1402, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia, NOVAFRICA.
- Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2018. "Tobacco Control Policies and Smoking Behavior in Europe: More Than Trends?," Working papers 2018/24, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Silvia Magri, 2014. "Does issuing equity help R&D activity? Evidence from unlisted Italian high-tech manufacturing firms," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(8), pages 825-854, November.
- H. T. Tran & E. Santarelli, 2013. "Determinants and Effects of Innovative Activities in Vietnam. A Firm-level Analysis," Working Papers wp909, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Mather, David & Jayne, Thomas S., 2011.
"The Impact of State Marketing Board Operations on Smallholder Behavior and Incomes: The Case of Kenya,"
Food Security International Development Working Papers
120742, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Mather, David & Jayne, Thomas S., 2012. "The Impact of State Marketing Board Operations on Smallholder Behavior and Incomes: The Case of Kenya," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 131056, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Glenn W. Harrison & James P. Feehan & Alison C. Edwards & Jorge Segovia, 2003. "Cigarette Smoking and the Cost of Hospital and Physician Care," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 29(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Chen, Shu-Ling & Miranda, Mario J., 2006. "Modeling Yield Distribution In High Risk Counties: Application To Texas Upland Cotton," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21392, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordsimmigrants; time use; education; human capital;
All these keywords.
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EUR-2019-09-09 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-URE-2019-09-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:389. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.