The long-term effect of migration on economic inequality between EU Member States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ortega, Francesc & Peri, Giovanni, 2009.
"The Causes and Effects of International Labor Mobility: Evidence from OECD Countries 1980-2005,"
19183, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesc Ortega & Giovanni Peri, 2009. "The Causes and Effects of International Labor Mobility: Evidence from OECD Countries 1980-2005," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-06, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Apr 2009.
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Mr. Ralph Chami & Mr. Samir Jahjah & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Working Papers 2003/189, International Monetary Fund.
- Mountford, Andrew & Rapoport, Hillel, 2011. "The brain drain and the world distribution of income," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 4-17, May.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- World Bank, 2005. "Global Economic Prospects 2006 : Economic Implications of Remittances and Migration," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7306.
- John C. Driscoll & Aart C. Kraay, 1998. "Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation With Spatially Dependent Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 549-560, November.
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2005.
"Migration selectivity and the evolution of spatial inequality,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 43-57, January.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Rapoport, Hillel, 2003. "Migration Selectivity And The Evolution Of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 127769, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Ravi Kanbur & Hillel Rapoport, 2004. "Migration Selectivity and the Evolution of Spatial Inequality," Working Papers 2004-04, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Hoechle, 2007. "Robust standard errors for panel regressions with cross-sectional dependence," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(3), pages 281-312, September.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Christian Nsiah, 2010.
"The Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth and Development in Africa,"
The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 55(2), pages 92-103, November.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Christian Nsiah, 2008. "The Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth and Development in Africa," Working Papers 200802, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- L. Alan Winters & Terrie L. Walmsley & Zhen Kun Wang & Roman Grynberg, 2003. "Liberalising Temporary Movement of Natural Persons: An Agenda for the Development Round," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(8), pages 1137-1161, August.
- Devesh Kapur & John McHale, 2009. "International migration and the world income distribution," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(8), pages 1102-1110.
- Docquier, Frédéric, 2006. "Brain Drain and Inequality Across Nations," IZA Discussion Papers 2440, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anastasia Petraki & Anna Zalewska, 2013. "With whom and in what is it better to save? Personal pensions in the UK," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 13/304, The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, University of Bristol, UK.
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2012.
"Globalization, Brain Drain, and Development,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 50(3), pages 681-730, September.
- Frederic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2011. "Globalization, Brain Drain and Development," CID Working Papers 219, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Frédéric DOCQUIER & Hillel RAPOPORT, 2011. "Globalization, brain drain and development," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2011009, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Frédéric Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2011. "Globalization, Brain Drain and Development," Working Papers 2011-18, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Frederic Docquier & Hillel Rapoport, 2011. "Globalization, brain drain and development," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1108, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Docquier, Frédéric & Rapoport, Hillel, 2011. "Globalization, Brain Drain and Development," IZA Discussion Papers 5590, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gianko Michailidis & Concepció Patxot & Meritxell Solé, 2019.
"Do pensions foster education? An empirical perspective,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(38), pages 4127-4150, August.
- Gianko Michailidis & Concepció Patxot & Meritxell Solé Juvés, 2016. "Do pensions foster education? An empirical perspective," UB Economics Working Papers 2016/344, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB School of Economics.
- Hoechle, Daniel & Schmid, Markus & Zimmermann, Heinz, 2017. "Does Unobservable Heterogeneity Matter for Portfolio-Based Asset Pricing Tests?," Working Papers on Finance 1717, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Mar 2020.
- Federico Belotti & Gordon Hughes & Andrea Piano Mortari, 2017. "Spatial panel-data models using Stata," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 17(1), pages 139-180, March.
- Öztürk, Gamze & Yetkiner, Hakan & Özden, Elif, 2020. "Macroeconomic determinants of antidepressant use," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1394-1407.
- Kuntner, Tobias, 2017. "Price promotions and brand equity: the role of brand types," EconStor Preprints 157296, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Ratha, Dilip & Mohapatra, Sanket & Scheja, Elina, 2011. "Impact of migration on economic and social development : a review of evidence and emerging issues," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5558, The World Bank.
- Zhang, Tong & Burke, Paul J., 2020.
"The effect of fuel prices on traffic flows: Evidence from New South Wales,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 502-522.
- Tong Zhang & Paul J. Burke, 2020. "The effect of fuel prices on traffic flows: Evidence from New South Wales," CAMA Working Papers 2020-86, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Akinola Ezekiel Morakinyo & Mabutho Sibanda, 2016. "The Determinants of Non-Performing Loans in the MINT Economies," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 8(5), pages 39-55.
- Xie, Xiao-Yun & Feng, Wen & Hu, Qiongjing, 2020. "Does new venture team power hierarchy enhance or impair new venture performance? A contingency perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(6).
- Nora Abu Asab & Juan Carlos Cuestas, 2017. "The Credibility of a Soft Pegged Exchange Rate in Emerging Market Economies: Evidence from a Panel Data Study," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 18(1), pages 29-51, May.
- Martin Guzi & Martin Kahanec & Magdalena M. Ulceluse, 2021.
"Europe's migration experience and its effects on economic inequality,"
MUNI ECON Working Papers
2021-05, Masaryk University.
- Martin Guzi & Martin Kahanec & Magdalena M. Ulceluse, 2021. "Europe's migration experience and its effects on economic inequality," Discussion Papers 60, Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI).
- Guzi, Martin & Kahanec, Martin & Ulceluse, Magdalena M., 2021. "Europe's Migration Experience and its Effects on Economic Inequality," IZA Discussion Papers 14041, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Guzi, Martin & Kahanec, Martin & Ulceluse, Magdalena M., 2021. "Europe's migration experience and its effects on economic inequality," GLO Discussion Paper Series 757, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Mingfa Ding & Birger Nilsson & Sandy Suardi, 2017. "Foreign Institutional Investment, Ownership, and Liquidity: Real and Informational Frictions," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 101-144, February.
- Shah, Syed Mehmood Raza & Fu, Qiang & Dawood, Muhammad & Ishfaq, Muhammad, 2020. "Issuance of Wealth Management Products and Expected Yields; A Shadow Banking Perspective," MPRA Paper 104147, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lorena Olmos, 2020. "Factores explicativos de la generación de residuos municipales en Catalunya," Studies on the Spanish Economy eee2020-10, FEDEA.
- Soma Rani Sutradhar, 2020. "The impact of remittances on economic growth in Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka," International Journal of Economic Policy Studies, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 275-295, February.
- Hutzschenreuter, Thomas & Kleindienst, Ingo & Lange, Sandra, 2014. "Added Psychic Distance Stimuli and MNE Performance," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 38-54.
- Jani Vishalkumar J, 2017. "Is Trade in Services Healthier than Trade in Goods?," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 17(3), pages 1-7, September.
- World Bank, . "Bangladesh - Towards Accelerated, Inclusive and Sustainable Growth : Opportunities and Challenges, Volume 2. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 12121.
More about this item
Keywordsimmigration; emigration; inequality; migration and development; EU;
All these keywords.
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MIG-2019-09-02 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:383. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.