Financial stress and Indigenous Australians
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Boyd H. Hunter & Steven Kennedy & Nicholas Biddle, 2004. "Indigenous and Other Australian Poverty: Revisiting the Importance of Equivalence Scales," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 80(251), pages 411-422, December.
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & David Ribar, 2012. "Financial stress, family relationships, and Australian youths’ transitions from home and school," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 469-490, December.
- Robert Breunig & Deborah Cobb-Clark & Xiaodong Gong & Danielle Venn, 2007. "Disagreement in Australian partners’ reports of financial difficulty," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 59-82, March.
- Boyd H. Hunter & Steven Kennedy & Daniel Smith, 2003. "Household Composition, Equivalence Scales and the Reliability of Income Distributions: Some Evidence for Indigenous and Other Australians," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 79(244), pages 70-83, March.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, May.
- Gianni La Cava & John Simon, 2003. "A Tale of Two Surveys: Household Debt and Financial Constraints in Australia," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2003-08, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Gianni La Cava & John Simon, 2005. "Household Debt and Financial Constraints in Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 38(1), pages 40-60, March.
- Hall,Gillette H. & Patrinos,Harry Anthony (ed.), 2012. "Indigenous Peoples, Poverty, and Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107020573, May.
- Matthew Read & Chris Stewart & Gianni La Cava, 2014. "Mortgage-related Financial Difficulties: Evidence from Australian Micro-level Data," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2014-13, Reserve Bank of Australia.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Siddharth Shirodkar & Boyd Hunter, 2019. "Factors underlying the likelihood of being in business for Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 22(1), pages 5-27.
- Benjamin Heslop & Antony Drew & Elizabeth Stojanovski & Kylie Bailey & Jonathan Paul, 2018. "Collaboration Vouchers: A Policy to Increase Population Wellbeing," Societies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-19, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Botha, Ferdi & Ribar, David C., 2020. "For Worse? Financial Hardships and Intra-Household Resource Allocation among Australian Couples," IZA Discussion Papers 13935, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Danielle Venn & Boyd Hunter, 2018. "Poverty transitions in non-remote Indigenous households: The role of labour market and household dynamics," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 21(1), pages 21-44.
- Luci Ellis & Mariano Kulish & Stephanie Wallace, 2012. "Property Market Cycles as Paths to Financial Distress," RBA Annual Conference Volume (Discontinued), in: Alexandra Heath & Frank Packer & Callan Windsor (ed.),Property Markets and Financial Stability, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Boyd Hunter, 2007. "The cumulative causation and the productivity commission’s framework for overcoming Indigenous disadvantage," Australian Journal of Labour Economics (AJLE), Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School, vol. 10(3), pages 185-202.
- Zhiming Cheng & Silvia Mendolia & Alfredo R. Paloyo & David A. Savage & Massimiliano Tani, 2021. "Working parents, financial insecurity, and childcare: mental health in the time of COVID-19 in the UK," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 123-144, March.
- Teklewold, Hailemariam, 2011. "Farming or burning? shadow prices and farmer’s impatience on the allocation of multi-purpose resource in the mixed farming system of Ethiopia," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 116080, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- DALEY Angela & GARNER Thesia & PHIPPS Shelley & SIERMINSKA Eva, 2020.
"Differences across Place and Time in Household Expenditure Patterns: Implications for the Estimation of Equivalence Scales,"
LISER Working Paper Series
- Angela Daley & Thesia Garner & Shelley Phipps & Eva Sierminska, 2020. "Differences across Place and Time in Household Expenditure Patterns: Implications for the Estimation of Equivalence Scales," LIS Working papers 781, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Lee, Jonq-Ying & Brown, Mark G. & Schwartz, Brooke, 1986. "The Demand For National Brand And Private Label Frozen Concentrated Orange Juice: A Switching Regression Analysis," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 11(1), pages 1-7, July.
- T.R.L. Fry & R.D. Brooks & Br. Comley & J. Zhang, 1993. "Economic Motivations for Limited Dependent and Qualitative Variable Models," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(2), pages 193-205, June.
- Bowker, James Michael & Starbuck, C. Meghan & English, Donald B.K. & Bergstrom, John C. & Rosenberger, Randall S. & McCollum, Daniel W., 2009. "Estimating the Net Economic Value of National Forest Recreation: An Application of the National Visitor Use Monitoring Database," Faculty Series 59603, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Hirte, Georg & Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2018. "The impact of anti-congestion policies and the role of labor-supply margins," CEPIE Working Papers 04/18, Technische Universität Dresden, Center of Public and International Economics (CEPIE).
- Huffman, Wallace, 2004.
"Marketizing U.S. Production in the Post-War Era: Implications for Estimating CPI Bias and Real Income from a Complete-Household-Demand System,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
11987, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace, 2004. "Marketizing U.S. Production in the Post-War Era: Implications for Estimating CPI Bias and Real Income from a Complete-Household-Demand System," ISU General Staff Papers 200406010700001238, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace E., 2004. "Marketizing U.S. Production In The Post-War Era: Implications For Estimating Cpi Bias And Real Income From A Complete-Household-Demand System," Working Papers 18229, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Brito Paulo & Marini Giancarlo & Piergallini Alessandro, 2016.
"House prices and monetary policy,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 20(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Paulo Brito & Giancarlo Marini & Alessandro Piergallini, 2012. "House Prices and Monetary Policy," CEIS Research Paper 250, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 01 Aug 2012.
- Brito, Paulo & Marini, Giancarlo & Piergallini, Alessandro, 2016. "House Prices and Monetary Policy," MPRA Paper 89577, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kim, H. Youn, 2017. "The permanent income hypothesis, transitional dynamics, and excess sensitivity of consumption," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 10-25.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Chavas, Jean-Paul, 1999. "Supply response of West African agricultural households," FCND discussion papers 69, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Colombino, Ugo & Narazani, Edlira, 2014.
"Closing the Gender Gap: Gender Based Taxation, Wage Subsidies or Basic Income?,"
Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers
201412, University of Turin.
- Ugo Colombino & Edlira Narazani, 2018. "Closing the Gender Gap: Gender Based Taxation, Wage Subsidies or Basic Income?," JRC Working Papers on Taxation & Structural Reforms 2018-03, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Gregory J. Colman & Dahlia K. Remler, 2008.
"Vertical equity consequences of very high cigarette tax increases: If the poor are the ones smoking, how could cigarette tax increases be progressive?,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 376-400.
- Greg Colman & Dahlia K. Remler, 2004. "Vertical Equity Consequences of Very High Cigarette Tax Increases: If the Poor are the Ones Smoking, How Could Cigarette Tax Increases be Progressive?," NBER Working Papers 10906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernard M. S. van Praag & Nico L. van der Sar, 1988.
"Household Cost Functions and Equivalence Scales,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(2), pages 193-210.
- van Praag, B. M. S., 1985. "Household Cost Functions And Equivalence Scales," Econometric Institute Archives 272293, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- van Praag, B. M. S. & van der Sar, N. L., 1986. "Household Cost Functions And Equivalence Scales," Econometric Institute Archives 272358, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Junichi Minagawa & Thorsten Upmann, 2019. "Price Effects on Compound Commodities," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 121(2), pages 630-646, April.
- Justin van de Ven & Paolo Lucchino, 2013.
"Modelling the Dynamic Effects of Transfer Policy: The LINDA Policy Analysis Tool,"
Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series
wp2013n20, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Paolo Lucchino & Dr Justin van de Ven, 2013. "Modelling the dynamic effects of transfer policy: the LINDA policy analysis tool," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 405, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial stress; hardship; cashflow; equivalence scales; Indigenous poverty;
All these keywords.
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.