Corporate insurance design with multiple risks and moral hazard
The paper provides novel insights on the effect of a firm's risk management objective on the optimal design of risk transfer instruments. I analyze the interrelation between the structure of the optimal insurance contract and the firm's objective to minimize the required equity it has to hold to accommodate losses in the presence of multiple risks and moral hazard. In contrast to the case of risk aversion and moral hazard, the optimal insurance contract involves a joint deductible on aggregate losses in the present setting.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: House of Finance, Grüneburgplatz 1, HPF H5, D-60323 Frankfurt am Main|
Phone: +49 (0)69 798-30050
Fax: +49 (0)69 798-30077
Web page: http://www.ifk-cfs.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Breuer, 2005. "Multiple Losses, "EX ANTE" Moral Hazard, and the Implications for Umbrella Policies," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(4), pages 525-538.
- Gorton, Gary & Pennacchi, George, 1990. " Financial Intermediaries and Liquidity Creation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 49-71, March.
- Raviv, Artur, 1979. "The Design of an Optimal Insurance Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 84-96, March.
- Nicolò, Antonio & Pelizzon, Loriana, 2008.
"Credit derivatives, capital requirements and opaque OTC markets,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 444-463, October.
- Antonio Nicolo� & Loriana Pelizzon, 2006. "Credit Derivatives, Capital Requirements and Opaque OTC Markets," Working Papers 2006_58, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharfstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1993.
" Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1629-1658, December.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1992. "Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies," NBER Working Papers 4084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gollier, Christian & Schlesinger, Harris, 1995.
" Second-Best Insurance Contract Design in an Incomplete Market,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(1), pages 123-135, March.
- GOLLIER, Christian & SCHLESINGER, Harris, 1992. "Second-best insurance contract design in an incomplete market," CORE Discussion Papers 1992012, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Scott E. Harrington & Greg Niehaus & Kenneth J. Risko, 2002. "Enterprise Risk Management: The Case Of United Grain Growers," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 14(4), pages 71-81.
- Peter M. DeMarzo, 2005. "The Pooling and Tranching of Securities: A Model of Informed Intermediation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 1-35.
- Laux, Christian, 2001. "Limited-Liability and Incentive Contracting with Multiple Projects," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(3), pages 514-526, Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cfswop:200854. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.