Realized beta: Persistence and predictability
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim, 1997. "Intraday periodicity and volatility persistence in financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 115-158, June.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Zhang, Benjamin Y. B., 2003. "Measuring and modeling systematic risk in factor pricing models using high-frequency data," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 533-558, December.
- Andreou, Elena & Ghysels, Eric, 2002.
"Rolling-Sample Volatility Estimators: Some New Theoretical, Simulation, and Empirical Results,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 363-376, July.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels, 2000. "Rolling-Sample Volatility Estimators: Some New Theoretical, Simulation and Empirical Results," CIRANO Working Papers 2000s-19, CIRANO.
- Asger Lunde & Peter Reinhard Hansen, 2004. "Realized Variance and IID Market Microstructure Noise," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 526, Econometric Society.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jose Fernandes & Augusto Hasman & Juan Ignacio Pena, 2007.
"Risk premium: insights over the threshold,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 41-59.
- Peña Sánchez de Rivera, Juan Ignacio & Hasman, Augusto & Fernandes, Jose L. B., 2006. "Risk premium: insights over the threshold," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb062808, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- José L. B. Fernandes & Augusto Hasman & Juan Ignacio Peña, 2006. "Risk Premium: Insights Over The Threshold," Working Papers Series 126, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Levich, Richard M. & Potì, Valerio, 2015.
"Predictability and ‘good deals’ in currency markets,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 454-472.
- Richard M. Levich & Valerio Poti, 2008. "Predictability and 'Good Deals' in Currency Markets," NBER Working Papers 14597, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gregory Bauer & Keith Vorkink, 2007. "Multivariate Realized Stock Market Volatility," Staff Working Papers 07-20, Bank of Canada.
- Berger, David & Chaboud, Alain & Hjalmarsson, Erik, 2009.
"What drives volatility persistence in the foreign exchange market?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 192-213, November.
- Edward Howorka & David W. Berger & Alain P. Chaboud & Erik Hjalmarsson, 2006. "What drives volatility persistence in the foreign exchange market?," International Finance Discussion Papers 862, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2006.
- Helmut Herwartz, 2006. "Econometric analysis of high frequency data," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 90(1), pages 89-104, March.
- Haselmann, Rainer & Herwartz, Helmut, 2008. "Portfolio performance and the Euro: Prospects for new potential EMU members," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 314-330, March.
- Mbairadjim Moussa, A. & Sadefo Kamdem, J. & Shapiro, A.F. & Terraza, M., 2014. "CAPM with fuzzy returns and hypothesis testing," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 40-57.
More about this item
Keywordsquadratic variation and covariation; realized volatility; asset pricing; CAPM; equity betas; long memory; nonlinear fractional cointegration; continuous-time methods;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2005-07-18 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CFN-2005-07-18 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-07-18 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cfswop:200416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifkcfde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.