Foreign direct investment inflows and labor productivity in Pakistan: A sector-wise panel cointegration analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Shujaat Ali Khan, 2011.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth in Pakistan: A Sectoral Analysis,"
2011:67, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Shujaat Ali Khan, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth in Pakistan: A Sectoral Analysis," Working Papers id:4683, eSocialSciences.
- Martin Bijsterbosch & Marcin Kolasa, 2010.
"FDI and productivity convergence in Central and Eastern Europe: an industry-level investigation,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(4), pages 689-712, January.
- Kolasa, Marcin & Bijsterbosch, Martin, 2009. "FDI and productivity convergence in central and eastern Europe: an industry-level investigation," Working Paper Series 992, European Central Bank.
- Shandre Mugan Thangavelu & Lili Yan Ing & Shujiro Urata, .
"Services Productivity and Trade Openness: Case of ASEAN,"
Chapters, in: Lili Yan Ing (ed.), East Asian Integration (First Edition), chapter 7, pages 195-222,
Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Shandre Mugan THANGAVELU & Lili Yan ING & Shujiro URATA, 2015. "Services Productivity and Trade Openness: Case of ASEAN," Working Papers DP-2015-56, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- M. Tahir Suleman, Muhammad Talha Amin, 2015. "The Impact of Sectoral Foreign Direct Investment on Industrial Economic Growth of Pakistan," Journal of Management Sciences, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 2(1), pages 151-165, March.
- Silvio Contessi & Ariel Weinberger, 2009. "Foreign direct investment, productivity, and country growth: an overview," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 91(Mar), pages 61-78.
- Rabeh Morrar & Faïz Gallouj, 2016.
"The growth of the service sector in Palestine: the productivity challenge,"
Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 179-204.
- Rabeh Morrar & Faïz Gallouj, 2013. "The Growth of the Service Sector in Palestine: The productivity challenge," Post-Print halshs-01222937, HAL.
- M. Tahir Suleman & M. Talha Amin, 2015. "The Impact of Sectoral Foreign Direct Investment on Industrial Economic Growth of Pakistan," Journal of Management Sciences, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 2(1), pages 102-123, March.
- Serfraz, Ayesha, 2017. "Analyzing short-run and long-run causality between FDI flows, labour productivity and education in Pakistan," ZÖSS-Discussion Papers 61, University of Hamburg, Centre for Economic and Sociological Studies (CESS/ZÖSS).
- Carmen Fillat & Julia Woerz, 2011. "Good or bad? The influence of FDI on productivity growth. An industry-level analysis," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 293-328.
- Vu, Tam Bang & Noy, Ilan, 2009. "Sectoral analysis of foreign direct investment and growth in the developed countries," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 402-413, April.
- Asad Alam & Paloma Anós Casero & Faruk Khan & Charles Udomsaph, 2008. "Unleashing Prosperity : Productivity Growth in Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 6588.
- Jagannath Mallick, 2015. "Globalisation, Structural Change and Labour Productivity Growth in BRICS Economy," FIW Working Paper series 141, FIW.
- Le Thanh THUY, 2007. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Have an Impact on the Growth in Labor Productivity of Vietnamese Domestic Firms?," Discussion papers 07021, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Msuya, Elibariki, 2007. "The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Agricultural Productivity and Poverty Reduction in Tanzania," MPRA Paper 3671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Syed Tehseen Jawaid & Abdul Waheed, 2017. "Contribution of International Trade in Human Development of Pakistan," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 18(5), pages 1155-1177, October.
- Shimaa Elkomy & Hilary Clistina Ingham & Robert Allan Read, 2018. "Heterogeneous Sectoral Growth Effects of FDI in Egypt," Working Papers 238221684, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2013.
"The Role of Trade in Intra-Industry Productivity Growth—the Case of Old and New European Union Countries,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 712-731, November.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2013. "The role of trade in intra-industry productivity growth - the case of old and new European Union countries (1995-2007)," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 1, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Muhammad Imran & An HuSen & Muhammad Kaleem & Arshad Khan Bangash & Nizam Ud Din & Sobia, 2020. "Effect of regional factor productivity on manufacturing sector: The case of Sino-Pak economic ties," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 6(1), pages 1-14, December.
- Ashima Arora & Anjala Kalsie, 2018. "Impact of US Financial Crisis on GDP of BRICS Economies: An Analysis Using Panel Data Approach," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 19(2), pages 439-454, April.
- Lv, Ping & Curran, Louise & Spigarelli, Francesca & Barbieri, Elisa, 2021. "One country, many industries: Heterogeneity of Chinese OFDI motivations at meso level," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 69(C).
- Marcin Grela & Aleksandra Majchrowska & Tomasz Michałek & Jakub Mućk & Agnieszka Stążka-Gawrysiak & Grzegorz Tchorek & Marcin Wagner, 2017. "Is Central and Eastern Europe converging towards the EU-15?," NBP Working Papers 264, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Raza, Syed Ali & Sabir, Muhammad Sarwar & Mehboob, Farhan, 2011. "Capital inflows and economic growth in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 36790, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Roberto Ganau, 2022.
"Institutions and the productivity challenge for European regions [Introduction to economic growth],"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 1-25.
- AndrÃ©s RodrÃguez-Pose & Roberto Ganau, 2019. "Institutions and the Productivity Challenge for European Regions," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 116, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Andres Rodriguez-Pose & Roberto Ganau, 2021. "Institutions and the Productivity Challenge for European Regions," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2107, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2021.
- Ganau, Roberto & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2021. "Institutions and the Productivity Challenge for European Regions," CEPR Discussion Papers 15870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Ganau, Roberto, 2022. "Institutions and the productivity challenge for European regions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 108915, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ram Upendra Das, 2015.
"Trade and Investment Liberalization in India: Implications for Productivity Gains,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Khee Giap Tan & Kong Yam Tan (ed.), Foreign Direct Investment and Small and Medium Enterprises Productivity and Access to Finance, chapter 3, pages 35-55,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Ram Upendra Das, 2014. "Trade and Investment Liberalization in India: Implications for Productivity Gains," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(03), pages 1-21.
- Svilena MIHAYLOVA, 2015. "Foreign direct investment and income inequality in Central and Eastern Europe," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(603), S), pages 23-42, Summer.
- Martin Grančay, 2012. "Recenzia - Paul Krugman, Maurice Obstfeld a Marc Melitz - International economics, theory and policy (9. vydanie)," Medzinarodne vztahy (Journal of International Relations), Ekonomická univerzita, Fakulta medzinárodných vzťahov, vol. 10(2), pages 147-148.
- Naqeeb Ur Rehman, 2017.
"Self-selection and learning-by-exporting hypotheses: micro-level evidence,"
Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 7(1), pages 133-160, April.
- Rehman, Naqeeb Ur, 2016. "Self-Selection and Learning-by-Exporting Hypotheses: Micro Level Evidence," MPRA Paper 71480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aleksandra Parteka & Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz, 2013.
"The Impact of Trade Integration with the European Union on Productivity in a Posttransition Economy: The Case of Polish Manufacturing Sectors,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(2), pages 84-104, March.
- Aleksandra Parteka & Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz, 2011. "Market Size, Competitiveness and Technological Frontier - the Impact of Trade Integration with the UE on Productivity in Polish Manufacturing Sectors," NBP Working Papers 82, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Aleksandra Parteka & Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz, 2012. "The Impact of Trade Integration with the EU on Porductivity in a Post-Transition Economy. The Case of Polish Manufacturing Sectors," Working Papers 1202, Instytut Rozwoju, Institute for Development.
- Krzysztof Jasiecki, 2008. "The changing roles of the post-transitional economic elite in Poland," Journal of East European Management Studies, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 13(4), pages 327-359.
- Marialisa Motta & Ana Maria Oviedo & Massimiliano Santini, 2010. "An Open Door for Firms," World Bank Publications - Reports 11086, The World Bank Group.
- Sepehrdoust, Hamid & Zamani Shabkhaneh, Saber, 2018. "How knowledge base factors change natural resource curse to economic growth?," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 149-154.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Amatul Razzaq Chaudhary & Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad, 2020.
"Is energy consumption sensitive to foreign capital inflows and currency devaluation in Pakistan?,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(52), pages 5641-5658, June.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Amatul Razzaq Chaudhary & Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad, 2018. "Is energy consumption sensitive to foreign capital inflows and currency devaluation in Pakistan?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(52), pages 5641-5658, November.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Chaudhary, A. R & Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain, 2018. "Is Energy Consumption Sensitive to Foreign Capital Inflows and Currency Devaluation in Pakistan?," MPRA Paper 90612, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Dec 2018.
- Robert Dekle & Cheng Hsiao & Siyan Wang, 2001. "The Real Effects of Capital Inflows on Emerging Markets," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(02), pages 165-202.
- Jan Hagemejer, 2015.
"Productivity spillovers in the GVC. The case of Poland and the New EU Member States,"
2015-42, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Jan Hagemejer, 2016. "Productivity spillovers in the GVC: The case of Poland and the New EU Member States," EcoMod2016 9250, EcoMod.
More about this item
KeywordsSector-wise FDI Inflows; Sectors-wise labor Productivity; Panel Cointegration; Pakistan;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cessdp:65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zohamde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/zohamde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.