Cross-border or online: Tax competition with mobile consumers under destination and origin principle
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Liran Einav & Dan Knoepfle & Jonathan Levin & Neel Sundaresan, 2014.
"Sales Taxes and Internet Commerce,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1-26.
- Liran Einav & Dan Knoepfle & Jonathan D. Levin & Neel Sundaresan, 2012. "Sales Taxes and Internet Commerce," NBER Working Papers 18018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Liran Einav & Jonathan Levin & Neel Sundaresan, 2012. "Sales Taxes and Internet Commerce," Discussion Papers 11-012, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- James Alm & Mikhail I. Melnik, 2005. "Sales Taxes and the Decision to Purchase Online," Public Finance Review, , vol. 33(2), pages 184-212, March.
- Andrés Leal & Julio López-Laborda & Fernando Rodrigo, 2010. "Cross-Border Shopping: A Survey," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 16(2), pages 135-148, May.
- Hu, Yu Jeffrey & Tang, Zhulei, 2014. "The impact of sales tax on internet and catalog sales: Evidence from a natural experiment," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 84-90.
- Nielsen, Soren Bo, 2001.
" A Simple Model of Commodity Taxation and Cross-Border Shopping,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 103(4), pages 599-623, December.
- Søren Bo Nielsen, "undated". "A Simple Model of Commodity Taxation and Cross-Border Shopping," EPRU Working Paper Series 98-18, Economic Policy Research Unit (EPRU), University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Nielsen, Søren Bo, 1998. "A simple model of commodity taxation and cross-border shopping," Working Papers 13-1998, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Michael D. Smith & Erik Brynjolfsson, 2001.
"Consumer Decision-making at an Internet Shopbot: Brand Still Matters,"
NBER Chapters,in: E-commerce, pages 541-558
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Michael D & Brynjolfsson, Erik, 2001. "Consumer Decision-Making at an Internet Shopbot: Brand Still Matters," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(4), pages 541-558, December.
- Nielsen, Soren Bo, 2002. "Cross-border shopping from small to large countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 309-313, November.
- Aiura, Hiroshi & Ogawa, Hikaru, 2013.
"Unit tax versus ad valorem tax: A tax competition model with cross-border shopping,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 30-38.
- Hikaru Ogawa & Hiroshi Aiura, 2012. "Unit Tax versus Ad Valorem Tax: A Tax Competition Model with Cross-border Shopping," ERSA conference papers ersa12p428, European Regional Science Association.
- Mark Lijesen, 2013. "Hotelling’s webshop," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 109(2), pages 193-200, June.
- Bo Cowgill & Cosmina Dorobantu & Bertin Martens, 2013. "Does online trade live up to the promise of a borderless world? Evidence from the EU Digital Single Market," JRC Working Papers on Digital Economy 2013-08, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Ballard, Charles L. & Lee, Jaimin, 2007. "Internet Purchases, Cross-Border Shopping, and Sales Taxes," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 60(4), pages 711-725, December.
- Ohsawa, Yoshiaki, 1999. "Cross-border shopping and commodity tax competition among governments," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 33-51, January.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael, 1993.
"Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination When Countries Differ in Size,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 877-892.
- Ravi Kanbur & Michael Keen, 1991. "Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination when Countries Differ in Size," Working Papers 819, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:16:y:2010:i:2:p:135-148 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ksa:szemle:1703 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordstax competition; cross-border shopping; online retailer; destination principle; origin principle;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2015-11-21 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2015-11-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-URE-2015-11-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cegedp:265. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdgoede.html .