A Monte Carlo simulation comparing DEA, SFA and two simple approaches to combine efficiency estimates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gong, Byeong-Ho & Sickles, Robin C., 1992.
"Finite sample evidence on the performance of stochastic frontiers and data envelopment analysis using panel data,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 259-284.
- Gong, Byeong-Ho & Sickles, Robin C., 1991. "Finite Sample Evidence on the Performance of Stochastic Frontiers and Data Envelopment Analysis Using Panel Data," Working Papers 91-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Haney, Aoife Brophy & Pollitt, Michael G., 2009.
"Efficiency analysis of energy networks: An international survey of regulators,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5814-5830, December.
- Brophy Haney, A. & Pollitt, M.G., 2009. "Efficiency Analysis of Energy Networks : An International Survey of Regulators," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0926, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Adler, Nicole & Yazhemsky, Ekaterina, 2010. "Improving discrimination in data envelopment analysis: PCA-DEA or variable reduction," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 273-284, April.
- R. Banker & W. Cooper & E. Grifell-Tajté & Jesús Pastor & Paul Wilson & Eduardo Ley & C. Lovell, 1994. "Validation and generalization of DEA and its uses," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 2(2), pages 249-314, December.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Gadh, Vandana M. & Gorr, Wilpen L., 1993. "A Monte Carlo comparison of two production frontier estimation methods: Corrected ordinary least squares and data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 332-343, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Timo Kuosmanen & Mika Kortelainen, 2012. "Stochastic non-smooth envelopment of data: semi-parametric frontier estimation subject to shape constraints," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 11-28, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Andor & Frederik Hesse, 2014. "The StoNED age: the departure into a new era of efficiency analysis? A monte carlo comparison of StoNED and the “oldies” (SFA and DEA)," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 85-109, February.
- Janda, Karel & Krska, Stepan, 2014. "Benchmarking Methods in the Regulation of Electricity Distribution System Operators," MPRA Paper 59442, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsefficiency; data envelopment analysis; stochastic frontier analysis; simulation; regulation;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2011-11-28 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ECM-2011-11-28 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EFF-2011-11-28 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ORE-2011-11-28 (Operations Research)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cawmdp:51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/camuede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.