Money growth and consumer price inflation in the euro area: A wavelet analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramsey, J.B., 2002. "Wavelets in Economics and Finance: Past and Future," Working Papers 02-02, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Crowley, Patrick M., 2005. "An intuitive guide to wavelets for economists," Research Discussion Papers 1/2005, Bank of Finland.
- Pedro Teles & Harald Uhlig & João Valle e Azevedo, 2016.
"Is Quantity Theory Still Alive?,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 126(591), pages 442-464, March.
- Pedro Teles & Harald Uhlig, 2010. "Is Quantity Theory Still Alive?," NBER Working Papers 16393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Teles, Pedro & Uhlig, Harald, 2013. "Is quantity theory still alive?," Working Paper Series 1605, European Central Bank.
- Teles, Pedro & Uhlig, Harald, 2010. "Is Quantity Theory Still Alive?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8049, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dewald, William G. & Haug, Alfred A., 2004. "Longer-term effects of monetary growth on real and nominal variables, major industrial countries, 1880-2001," Working Paper Series 382, European Central Bank.
- Ramsey James B., 2002. "Wavelets in Economics and Finance: Past and Future," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 1-29, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Maria Joana Soares & Rita Sousa, 2017. "California´s Carbon Market and Energy Prices: A Wavelet Analysis," NIPE Working Papers 13/2017, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luís & Martins, Manuel M. F. & Soares, Maria Joana, 2019.
"The Phillips Curve at 60: time for time and frequency,"
Research Discussion Papers
12/2019, Bank of Finland.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2019. "The Phillips Curve at 60: time for time and frequency," CEF.UP Working Papers 1902, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2019. "The Phillips Curve at 60: time for time and frequency," NIPE Working Papers 04/2019, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luís & Martins, Manuel M.F. & Soares, Maria Joana, 2020. "Okun’s Law across time and frequencies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
- Flor, Michael A. & Klarl, Torben, 2017.
"On the cyclicity of regional house prices: New evidence for U.S. metropolitan statistical areas,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 134-156.
- Michael A. Flor & Torben Klarl, 2015. "On the Cyclicity of Regional House Prices: New Evidence for U.S. Metropolitan Statistical Areas," CESifo Working Paper Series 5471, CESifo.
- Jung, Alexander, 2016. "Have monetary data releases helped markets to predict the interest rate decisions of the European Central Bank?," Working Paper Series 1926, European Central Bank.
- Gallegati, Marco & Giri, Federico & Fratianni, Michele, 2019. "Money growth and inflation : International historical evidence on high inflation episodes for developed countries," Research Discussion Papers 1/2019, Bank of Finland.
- Rünstler, Gerhard & Balfoussia, Hiona & Burlon, Lorenzo & Buss, Ginters & Comunale, Mariarosaria & De Backer, Bruno & Dewachter, Hans & Guarda, Paolo & Haavio, Markus & Hindrayanto, Irma & Iskrev, Nik, 2018. "Real and financial cycles in EU countries - Stylised facts and modelling implications," Occasional Paper Series 205, European Central Bank.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luis & Martins, Manuel M.F. & Soares, Maria Joana, 2018.
"Estimating the Taylor rule in the time-frequency domain,"
Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 122-137.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2016. "Estimating the Taylor Rule in the Time-Frequency Domain," CEF.UP Working Papers 1404, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Luís Aguiar-Conraria & Manuel M. F. Martins & Maria Joana Soares, 2018. "Estimating the Taylor Rule in the Time-Frequency Domain," NIPE Working Papers 04/2018, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Ramin Khochiani & Younes Nademi, 2020. "Energy consumption, CO2 emissions, and economic growth in the United States, China, and India: A wavelet coherence approach," Energy & Environment, , vol. 31(5), pages 886-902, August.
- Scharnagl, Michael & Mandler, Martin, 2015. "The relationship of simple sum and Divisia monetary aggregates with real GDP and inflation: a wavelet analysis for the US," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112879, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Bašta, Milan & Molnár, Peter, 2018. "Oil market volatility and stock market volatility," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 204-214.
- Marcin Koltuniak, 2016. "Examination of the directions of spillover effects between the real estate and stock prices in Poland using wavelet analysis," Bank i Kredyt, Narodowy Bank Polski, vol. 47(3), pages 251-266.
More about this item
Keywordsmoney growth; inflation; wavelet analysis;
- C30 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - General
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2015-01-09 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-01-09 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-01-09 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdps:332014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.