How does P2P lending fit into the consumer credit market?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Memmel, Christoph & Gündüz, Yalin & Raupach, Peter, 2015. "The common drivers of default risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 232-247.
- Ian Galloway, 2009. "Peer-to-peer lending and community development finance," Community Development Investment Center Working Paper 2009-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, revised 2009.
- Puri, Manju & Rocholl, Jörg & Steffen, Sascha, 2011.
"Global retail lending in the aftermath of the US financial crisis: Distinguishing between supply and demand effects,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(3), pages 556-578, June.
- Manju Puri & Jörg Rocholl & Sascha Steffen, 2011. "Global retail lending in the aftermath of the US financial crisis: Distinguishing between supply and demand effects," NBER Working Papers 16967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leland, Hayne E & Pyle, David H, 1977.
"Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 371-387, May.
- Hayne E. Leland and David H. Pyle., 1976. "Informational Asymmetries, Financial Structure, and Financial Intermediation," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 41, University of California at Berkeley.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Adair Morse, 2015. "Peer-to-Peer Crowdfunding: Information and the Potential for Disruption in Consumer Lending," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 463-482, December.
- Devin G. Pope & Justin R. Sydnor, 2011. "What’s in a Picture?: Evidence of Discrimination from Prosper.com," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(1), pages 53-92.
- Herzenstein, Michal & Dholakia, Utpal M. & Andrews, Rick L., 2011. "Strategic Herding Behavior in Peer-to-Peer Loan Auctions," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 27-36.
- Ian Galloway, 2009. "Peer-to-peer lending and community development finance," Community Investments, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, vol. 21(Win), pages 19-2339.
- Blaseg, Daniel & Koetter, Michael, 2015. "Friend or Foe? Crowdfunding Versus Credit when Banks are Stressed," IWH Discussion Papers 8/2015, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Mingfeng Lin & Nagpurnanand R. Prabhala & Siva Viswanathan, 2013. "Judging Borrowers by the Company They Keep: Friendship Networks and Information Asymmetry in Online Peer-to-Peer Lending," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 59(1), pages 17-35, August.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Adair Morse, 2015. "Peer-to-Peer Crowdfunding: Information and the Potential for Disruption in Consumer Lending," NBER Working Papers 20899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jefferson Duarte & Stephan Siegel & Lance Young, 2012. "Trust and Credit: The Role of Appearance in Peer-to-peer Lending," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(8), pages 2455-2484.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stijn Claessens & Jon Frost & Grant Turner & Feng Zhu, 2018. "Fintech credit markets around the world: size, drivers and policy issues," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Jon Frost & Leonardo Gambacorta & Yi Huang & Hyun Song Shin & Pablo Zbinden, 2019. "BigTech and the changing structure of financial intermediation," BIS Working Papers 779, Bank for International Settlements.
- Wolfgang Pointner & Burkhard Raunig, 2018. "A primer on peer-to-peer lending: immediate financial intermediation in practice," Monetary Policy & the Economy, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue Q3/18, pages 36-51.
- Mustafa Caglayan & Oleksandr Talavera & Lin Xiong & Jing Zhang, 2019. "What does not kill us makes us stronger: the story of repetitive consumer loan applications," Discussion Papers 19-01, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Knyazeva, Anzhela, 2019. "Financial innovation in microcap public offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 283-305.
- Majid Bazarbash, 2019. "FinTech in Financial Inclusion: Machine Learning Applications in Assessing Credit Risk," IMF Working Papers 19/109, International Monetary Fund.
- Kräussl, Roman & Kräussl, Zsofia & Pollet, Joshua & Rinne, Kalle, 2018. "The performance of marketplace lenders: Evidence from lending club payment data," CFS Working Paper Series 598, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Yiping Huang & Han Qiu & Jingyi Wang, 2019.
"How do machine learning and non-traditional data affect credit scoring? New evidence from a Chinese fintech firm,"
BIS Working Papers
834, Bank for International Settlements.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo & Huang, Yiping & Qiu, Han & Wang, Jingyi, 2019. "How do machine learning and non-traditional data affect credit scoring? New evidence from a Chinese fintech firm," CEPR Discussion Papers 14259, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xin Zhang & Christoph Bertsch & Isaiah Hull, 2017. "Monetary Normalizations and Consumer Credit: Evidence from Fed Liftoff and Online Lending," 2017 Meeting Papers 442, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Caroline Stern, 2017. "Fintechs and their emergence in banking services in CESEE," Focus on European Economic Integration, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue Q3/17, pages 42-58.
- O. Lunyakov V. & N. Lunyakova A. & О. Луняков В. & Н. Лунякова А., 2018. "Развитие каналов кредитования в условиях перехода к цифровой экономике: моделирование спроса // The Development of Credit Channels in the transition to the Digital Economy: Demand Modelling," Финансы: теория и практика/Finance: Theory and Practice // Finance: Theory and Practice, ФГОБУВО Финансовый университет при Правительстве Российской Федерации // Financial University under The Government of Russian Federation, vol. 22(5), pages 76-89.
- Bertsch, Christoph & Hull, Isaiah & Qi, Yingjie & Zhang, Xin, 2020. "Bank misconduct and online lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 116(C).
More about this item
KeywordsP2P lending; financial intermediation; consumer credit;
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2016-08-21 (Banking)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:bubdps:302016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dbbgvde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.