Ordoliberalism, pragmatism and the eurozone crisis: How the German tradition shaped economic policy in Europe
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lars P. Feld & Ekkehard A. Köhler & Daniel Nientiedt, 2015. "Ordoliberalism, Pragmatism and the Eurozone Crisis: How the German Tradition Shaped Economic Policy in Europe," CESifo Working Paper Series 5368, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Feld Lars P., 2013.
"Zur Bedeutung des Manifests der Marktwirtschaft oder: Das Lambsdorff-Papier im 31. Jahr,"
Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik,
De Gruyter, vol. 62(3), pages 227-243, December.
- Feld, Lars P., 2013. "Zur Bedeutung des Manifests der Marktwirtschaft oder: Das Lambsdorff-Papier im 31. Jahr," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 13/9, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Vanberg, Viktor J., 2014. "Ordnungspolitik, the Freiburg School and the reason of rules," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 14/01, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Mihov, Ilian, 1997. "What does the Bundesbank target?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1025-1053, June.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "One money, one market: the effect of common currencies on trade," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 7-46, April.
- Feld, Lars P., 2012.
"Europa in der Welt von heute: Wilhelm Röpke und die Zukunft der Europäischen Währungsunion,"
Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics
12/2, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Feld, Lars P., 2012. "Europa in der Welt von heute: Wilhelm Röpke und die Zukunft der Europäischen Währungsunion," HWWI Policy Papers 70, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Berger, Helge & Nitsch, Volker, 2008.
"Zooming out: The trade effect of the euro in historical perspective,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1244-1260, December.
- Berger, Helge & Nitsch, Volker, 2005. "Zooming Out: The Trade Effect of the EURO in Historical Perspective," Discussion Papers 2005/5, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Helge Berger & Volker Nitsch, 2005. "Zooming Out: The Trade Effect of the Euro in Historical Perspective," CESifo Working Paper Series 1435, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alesina, Alberto & Summers, Lawrence H, 1993. "Central Bank Independence and Macroeconomic Performance: Some Comparative Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(2), pages 151-162, May.
- Rudolf Richter, 2012. "German “Ordnungstheorie”. From the Perspective of the New Institutional Economics," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 132(4), pages 473-500.
- Werner Bonefeld, 2012. "Freedom and the Strong State: On German Ordoliberalism," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 633-656, November.
- Stephanie Blankenburg & Lawrence King & Sue Konzelmann & Frank Wilkinson, 2013. "Prospects for the eurozone," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 463-477.
- Lars Feld, 2005.
"The European constitution project from the perspective of constitutional political economy,"
Springer, vol. 122(3), pages 417-448, March.
- Lars P. Feld, 2004. "The European Constitution Project from the Perspective of Constitutional Political Economy," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200415, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Lars P. Feld, 2005. "The European Constitution Project from the Perspective of Constitutional Political Economy," CREMA Working Paper Series 2005-20, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Blyth, Mark, 2013. "Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199828302.
- Werner Bonefeld, 2013. "On the Strong Liberal State: Beyond Berghahn and Young," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(5), pages 779-783, October.
- Daniel Nientiedt & Ekkehard A. Köhler, 2016. "Liberalism and democracy — a comparative reading of Eucken and Hayek," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(6), pages 1743-1760.
- Jorg Bibow, 2009. "On the origin and rise of central bank independence in West Germany," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 155-190.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan White, 2017. "Between Rules and Discretion: Thoughts on Ordo-liberalism," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 126, European Institute, LSE.
- Jorg Bibow, 2017. "How Germany's Anti-Keynesianism Has Brought Europe to Its Knees," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_886, Levy Economics Institute.
- Christian Grimm & Jakob Kapeller & Stephan Puehringer, 2018. "Paradigms and Policies: The state of economics in the german-speaking countries," ICAE Working Papers 77, Johannes Kepler University, Institute for Comprehensive Analysis of the Economy.
- Feld, Lars P. & Köhler, Ekkehard A. & Nientiedt, Daniel, 2017. "The "dark ages" of German macroeconomics and other alleged shortfalls in German economic thought," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 17/03, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Peter Spahn, 2016. "Central Bank Design in a Non-optimal Currency Union A Lender of Last Resort for Government Debt?," ROME Working Papers 201610, ROME Network.
- Laica, Christoph & Lauber, Arne & Sahm, Marco, 2017. "Sequential round-robin tournaments with multiple prizes," BERG Working Paper Series 129, Bamberg University, Bamberg Economic Research Group.
More about this item
Keywordsordoliberalism; Eurozone crisis; constitutional economics; monetary and fiscal policy;
- B13 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Neoclassical through 1925 (Austrian, Marshallian, Walrasian, Wicksellian)
- B26 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Financial Economics
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-06-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2015-06-27 (European Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2015-06-27 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-06-27 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-06-27 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:aluord:1504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/euckede.html .