Monetary Policy Effectiveness, Net Foreign Currency Exposure and Financial Globalisation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua Aizenman & Menzie D. Chinn & Hiro Ito, 2008.
"Assessing the Emerging Global Financial Architecture: Measuring the Trilemma's Configurations over Time,"
NBER Working Papers
14533, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Chinn, Menzie David & Ito, Hiro, 2009. "Assessing the Emerging Global Financial Architecture: Measuring the Trilemma's Configurations over Time," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt840728sc, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer, 2015. "The Next Generation of the Penn World Table," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(10), pages 3150-3182, October.
- Rey, Hélène, 2015.
"Dilemma not Trilemma: The Global Financial Cycle and Monetary Policy Independence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10591, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hélène Rey, 2015. "Dilemma not Trilemma: The Global Financial Cycle and Monetary Policy Independence," NBER Working Papers 21162, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Turnovsky,Stephen J., 2011.
"Capital Accumulation and Economic Growth in a Small Open Economy,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521187527.
- Turnovsky,Stephen J., 2009. "Capital Accumulation and Economic Growth in a Small Open Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521764759.
- Nuxoll, Daniel A, 1994. "Differences in Relative Prices and International Differences in Growth Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1423-1436, December.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Simone Meier, 2013. "Financial Globalization and Monetary Transmission," Working Papers 2013-03, Swiss National Bank.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2007.
"Current Account Deficits in Rich Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(2), pages 191-219, June.
- Georgiadis, Georgios & Mehl, Arnaud, 2015. "Trilemma, not dilemma: financial globalisation and Monetary policy effectiveness," Globalization Institute Working Papers 222, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Chinn, Menzie D. & Ito, Hiro, 2016.
"Monetary policy spillovers and the trilemma in the new normal: Periphery country sensitivity to core country conditions,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 298-330.
- Joshua Aizenman & Menzie D. Chinn & Hiro Ito, 2015. "Monetary Policy Spillovers and the Trilemma in the New Normal: Periphery Country Sensitivity to Core Country Conditions," NBER Working Papers 21128, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsMundell-Fleming; Dillemma vs. trilemma; Foreign currency exposure; Qaudrilemma; Panel threshold model;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2016-07-30 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2016-07-30 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2016-07-30 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2016-07-30 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zag:wpaper:1603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WPS) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask WPS to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fefzghr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.