Efficiency in strategic form games: A little trust can go a long way
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew O. Jackson & Simon Wilkie, 2005.
"Endogenous Games and Mechanisms: Side Payments Among Players,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(2), pages 543-566.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Simon Wilkie, 2002. "Endogenous Games and Mechanisms: Side Payments Among Players," Microeconomics 0211008, EconWPA.
- Wilkie, Simon & Jackson, Matthew O., 2002. "Endogenous Games and Mechanisms: Side Payments Among Players," Working Papers 1150, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1953. "Cardinal Utility in Welfare Economics and in the Theory of Risk-taking," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61, pages 434-434.
- Bade, Sophie & Haeringer, Guillaume & Renou, Ludovic, 2009.
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, pages 1817-1831.
- Sophie Bade & Guillaume Haeringer & Ludovic Renou, 2006. "Bilateral Commitment," School of Economics Working Papers 2006-07, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Sophie Bade & Guillaume Haeringer & Ludovic Renou, 2008. "Bilateral Commitment," Discussion Papers in Economics 08/20, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Guillaume Haeringer & Sophie Bade & Ludovic Renou, 2006. "Bilateral Commitment," Working Papers 2006.75, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Luis Corchón & Matthias Dahm, 2010.
"Foundations for contest success functions,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 81-98.
- Corchón, Luis C. & Dahm, Matthias, 2007. "Foundations for contest success functions," UC3M Working papers. Economics we070401, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Corchón, Luis C. & Dahm, Matthias, 2008. "Foundations for contest success functions," Working Papers 2072/9493, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Hao Jia, 2008. "A stochastic derivation of the ratio form of contest success functions," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 125-130, June.
- Cheng-Zhong Qin, 2008. "Inducing Cooperation by Self-Stipulated Penalties," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 9(2), pages 385-395, November.
- Qiang Fu & Jingfeng Lu, 2012. "Micro foundations of multi-prize lottery contests: a perspective of noisy performance ranking," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 38(3), pages 497-517, March.
- Varian, Hal R, 1994.
"A Solution to the Problem of Externalities When Agents Are Well-Informed,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 1278-1293.
- Varian, H,R., 1991. "A Solution to the Problem of Externalities when Agents are Well-Informed," Papers 10, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Hal R. Varian, 1994. "A Solution to the Problem of Externalities when Agents are Well-Informed}," Microeconomics 9401003, EconWPA.
- Ken Binmore, 1994. "Game Theory and the Social Contract, Volume 1: Playing Fair," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262023636, January.
More about this item
KeywordsRedistribution; Efficiency; Social contract;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2013-07-28 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2013-07-28 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2013-07-28 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-07-28 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yor:yorken:13/19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Hodgson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deyoruk.html .