Efficiency in strategic form games: A little trust can go a long way
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew O. Jackson & Simon Wilkie, 2005.
"Endogenous Games and Mechanisms: Side Payments Among Players,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(2), pages 543-566.
- Matthew O. Jackson & Simon Wilkie, 2002. "Endogenous Games and Mechanisms: Side Payments Among Players," Microeconomics 0211008, EconWPA.
- Wilkie, Simon & Jackson, Matthew O., 2002. "Endogenous Games and Mechanisms: Side Payments Among Players," Working Papers 1150, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1953. "Cardinal Utility in Welfare Economics and in the Theory of Risk-taking," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61, pages 434-434.
- Bade, Sophie & Haeringer, Guillaume & Renou, Ludovic, 2009.
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 144(4), pages 1817-1831, July.
- Sophie Bade & Guillaume Haeringer & Ludovic Renou, 2006. "Bilateral Commitment," School of Economics Working Papers 2006-07, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Sophie Bade & Guillaume Haeringer & Ludovic Renou, 2008. "Bilateral Commitment," Discussion Papers in Economics 08/20, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Guillaume Haeringer & Sophie Bade & Ludovic Renou, 2006. "Bilateral Commitment," Working Papers 2006.75, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Luis Corchón & Matthias Dahm, 2010.
"Foundations for contest success functions,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 43(1), pages 81-98, April.
- Corchón, Luis C. & Dahm, Matthias, 2007. "Foundations for contest success functions," UC3M Working papers. Economics we070401, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Corchón, Luis C. & Dahm, Matthias, 2008. "Foundations for contest success functions," Working Papers 2072/9493, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Hao Jia, 2008. "A stochastic derivation of the ratio form of contest success functions," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 125-130, June.
- Cheng-Zhong Qin, 2008. "Inducing Cooperation by Self-Stipulated Penalties," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 9(2), pages 385-395, November.
- Qiang Fu & Jingfeng Lu, 2012. "Micro foundations of multi-prize lottery contests: a perspective of noisy performance ranking," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 38(3), pages 497-517, March.
- Varian, Hal R, 1994.
"A Solution to the Problem of Externalities When Agents Are Well-Informed,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1278-1293, December.
- Varian, H,R., 1991. "A Solution to the Problem of Externalities when Agents are Well-Informed," Papers 10, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Hal R. Varian, 1994. "A Solution to the Problem of Externalities when Agents are Well-Informed}," Microeconomics 9401003, EconWPA.
- Ken Binmore, 1994. "Game Theory and the Social Contract, Volume 1: Playing Fair," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262023636, January.
More about this item
KeywordsRedistribution; Efficiency; Social contract;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2013-07-28 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2013-07-28 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2013-07-28 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-07-28 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yor:yorken:13/19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Hodgson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deyoruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.