Bargaining Power and Local Labour Market Influences on Wage Determination
This paper uses a unique panel data at the level bargaining group to examine aspects of 'right-to manage' models of wage determination. Empirical measures of firms' and unions' bargaining power are identified and found to be important influences on wage setting.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44 (0) 2476 523202
Fax: +44 (0) 2476 523032
Web page: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995.
"The Wage Curve,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x, June.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173.
- Currie, Janet & McConnell, Sheena, 1992.
"Firm-Specific Determinants of the Real Wage,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 74(2), pages 297-304, May.
- Arulampalam, W. & Robin A. Naylor & Jeremy P. Smith, 2002. "University of Warwick," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 9, Royal Economic Society.
- Kevin Denny & Machin, S, 1991. "The role of profitability and industrial wages in firm level wage determination," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 34-45, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wrk:warwec:455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helen Neal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.