Measuring Intergenerational Mobility and Equality of Opportunity
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dirk Van de gaer; & Michel Martinez; & Erik Schokkaert, 1998. "Measuring Intergenerational Mobility and Equality of Opportunity," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n780598, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
References listed on IDEAS
- Conlisk, John, 1989. "Ranking mobility matrices," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 231-235.
- Dearden, Lorraine & Machin, Stephen & Reed, Howard, 1997.
"Intergenerational Mobility in Britain,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 47-66, January.
- Lorraine Dearden & Stephen Machin & Howard Reed, 1995. "Intergenerational mobility in Britain," IFS Working Papers W95/20, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Lorraine Dearden & Stephen Machin & H Reed, 1996. "Intergenerational Mobility in Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0281, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1985. "Measures of Distributional Change: An Axiomatic Approach," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 135-151.
- Behrman, Jere & Tarbman, Paul, 1985. "Intergenerational Earnings Mobility in the United States: Some Estimates and a Test of Becker's Intergenerational Endowments Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 144-151, February.
- Dardanoni Valentino, 1993. "Measuring Social Mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 372-394, December.
- A. B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon, 1982. "The Comparison of Multi-Dimensioned Distributions of Economic Status," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 183-201.
- Zimmerman, David J, 1992. "Regression toward Mediocrity in Economic Stature," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 409-429, June.
- Checchi, Daniele & Ichino, Andrea & Rustichini, Aldo, 1996. "More Equal but Less Mobile? Education Financing and Intergenerational Mobility in Italy and in the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 1496, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fleurbaey Marc, 1995. "Three Solutions for the Compensation Problem," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 505-521, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-François Carpantier & Christelle Sapata, 2016.
"Empirical welfare analysis: when preferences matter,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 46(3), pages 521-542, March.
- Jean-François Carpantier & Christelle Sapata, 2013. "Empirical Welfare Analysis: When Preferences Matter," CREA Discussion Paper Series 13-11, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Jean-François Carpantier & Christelle Sapata, 2013. "Empirical Welfare Analysis: When Preferences Matter," Working Papers wpdea1304, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Donal O'Neill & Olive Sweetman & Dirk van de gaer, 1999. "Equality of Opportunity and Kernel Density Estimation: An Application to Intergenerational Mobility," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n950999, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Denis Cogneau, 2005. "Equality of opportunity and other equity principles in the context of developing countries," Working Papers DT/2005/01, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2004. "Vers plus d'égalité d'opportunités scolaires ? Évolution de la mobilité scolaire intergénérationnelle au Pérou depuis un siècle," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 12(1), pages 101-134.
- Vitorocco Peragine, "undated". "Responsibility Compensation and Income Distribution," Discussion Papers 98/13, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Cogneau, Denis & Naudet, Jean-David, 2007.
"Who Deserves Aid? Equality of Opportunity, International Aid, and Poverty Reduction,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 104-120, January.
- Denis Cogneau & Jean-David Naudet, 2004. "Who deserves aid? Equality of opportunity,international aid and poverty reduction," Working Papers DT/2004/10, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Denis Cogneau & David Naudet, 2005. "Who deserves aid? Equality of opportunity, international aid and poverty reduction," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 110, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpe:papers:ces9810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristof Bosmans). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekulbe.html .