Investment, Credit Rationing, and the Soft Budget Constraint: What Would a Well-Functioning Credit Market Look Like?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hanousek, Jan & Filer, Randall K., 2004. "Investment, credit rationing, and the soft budget constraint: what would a well-functioning credit market look like?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 385-390, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Erickson & Toni M. Whited, 2000. "Measurement Error and the Relationship between Investment and q," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(5), pages 1027-1057, October.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Steven M. Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1988. "Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(1), pages 141-206.
- Lubomír Lízal & Jan Svejnar, 2002.
"Investment, Credit Rationing, And The Soft Budget Constraint: Evidence From Czech Panel Data,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 353-370, May.
- Lubomir Lizal & Jan Svejnar, 2001. "Investment, Credit Rationing and the Soft Budget Constraint: Evidence from Czech Panel Data," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 363, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Joao F. Gomes, 2001. "Financing Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1263-1285, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nataliya Zinych & Martin Odening, 2009. "Capital market imperfections in economic transition: empirical evidence from Ukrainian agriculture," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(6), pages 677-689, November.
- Roman Horváth, 2005.
"Financial Accelerator Effects in the Balance Sheets of Czech Firms,"
Working Papers IES
96, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised 2005.
- Horvath, Roman, 2006. "Financial Accelerator Effects in the Balance Sheets of Czech Firms," MPRA Paper 829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roman Horv??th, 2006. "Financial Accelerator Effects in the Balance Sheets of Czech Firms," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp847, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Marc Cowling & Weixi Liu & Maria Minniti & Ning Zhang, 2016. "UK credit and discouragement during the GFC," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 1049-1074, December.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Roman HorvÃƒÂ¡th & Eva HorvÃƒÂ¡thovÃƒÂ¡, 2010.
"Corporate Interest Rates and the Financial Accelerator in the Czech Republic,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(4), pages 41-54, January.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Horváth, Roman & Horváthová, Eva, 2008. "Corporate Interest Rates and the Financial Accelerator in the Czech Republic," Discussion Papers in Economics 7191, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Sergey Sinelnikov & Pavel Kadochnikov & Ilya Trunin (ed.), 2006. "Fiscal Federalism in Russia: Soft Budget Constraints of Regional Governments," Books, Gaidar Institute for Economic Policy, edition 1, number 4, May.
- Zinych, Nataliya & Odening, Martin, 2009. "How Costly are (Agricultural) Investments during Economic Transition? A Critical Literature Appraisal," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50319, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alexeev, Michael & Kim, Sunghwan, 2008. "The Korean financial crisis and the soft budget constraint," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 178-193, October.
More about this item
KeywordsInvestment; Transition Economies; Soft budget constraint;
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- E2 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-CFN-2003-06-25 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2003-06-25 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MFD-2003-06-25 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpmi:0306003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .