Monetary Unions: The Policy Coordination Issue
In this paper we build a three-country dynamic model of a monetary union (MU), where we focus on how coalitions among policy-makers are formed and what are their effects on the stabilization of output and price. Some preliminary results based on numerical simulations are provided.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kohler, Marion, 2002.
"Coalition formation in international monetary policy games,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 371-385, March.
- Marion Kohler, 1999. "Coalition formation in international monetary policy games," Bank of England working papers 92, Bank of England.
- Reinhard Neck & Engelbert Dockner, 1995. "Commitment and coordination in a dynamic game model of international economic policy-making," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 5-28, January.
- Engwerda, J.C. & van Aarle, B. & Plasmans, J.E.J., 2002.
"Cooperative and non-cooperative fiscal stabilization policies in the EMU,"
Other publications TiSEM
2cc19f3f-16ad-4fed-a701-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Engwerda, Jacob C. & van Aarle, Bas & Plasmans, Joseph E. J., 2002. "Cooperative and non-cooperative fiscal stabilization policies in the EMU," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 451-481, March.
- Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Jacob Engwerda & Joseph Plasmans & Bas van Aarle, 2003.
"Staying Together or Breaking Apart: Policy-Makers’ Endogenous Coalitions Formation in the European Economic and Monetary Union,"
- VAN AARLE, Bas & DI BARTOLOMEO, Giovanni & ENGWERDA, Jacob & PLASMANS, Joseph, 2002. "Staying together or breaking apart: Policy-makers' endogenous coalitions formation in the European economic and monetary Union," Working Papers 2002013, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Bas van Aarle & Giovanni Di Bartolomeo & Jacob Engwerda & Joseph Plasmans, 2002. "Staying Together or Breaking Apart: Policy-makers’ Endogenous Coalitions Formation in the European Economic and Monetary Union," CESifo Working Paper Series 748, CESifo Group Munich.
- Widgren, Mika, 1991.
"Voting Power in the EC Decision Making and the Consequencesof two Different Enlargements,"
377, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Widgren, Mika, 1994. "Voting power in the EC decision making and the consequences of two different enlargements," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 1153-1170, May.
- Yi, Sang-Seung, 1997. "Stable Coalition Structures with Externalities," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 201-237, August.
- Carlo Carraro, 1997. "Modelling International Policy Games: Lessons from European Monetary Coordination," Empirica, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 163-177, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0504023. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.