Rational Expectations And Monetary Theory: An Investigative Paper[1960 - 1989]
SINCE 1930, EXPECTATIONS HAVE PLAYED AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN ECONOMIC THEORY AND THIS IS BECAUSE ECONOMICS IS GENERALLY CONCERNED WITH THE IMPLICATIONS OF CURRENT ACTIONS FOR THE FUTURE. THIS PAPER THEREFORE ARGUES THAT THE DEVELOPMENT OF RATIONAL EXPECTATIONS THEORY WILL MAKE A MORE SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTION TO ECONOMICS(AND IN PARTICULAR, MONETARY ECONOMICS) IN THE IMPETUS IT GIVES TO RESEARCH ON THE VITAL AREAS OF LEARNING AND PRICE EXPECTATIONS FORMATION
|Date of creation:||02 Jan 2005|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; pages: 10. THIS IS A PREVIOUS RESEARCH PAPER FOR PUBLIC ACCESS|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leiderman, Leonardo, 1980. "Macroeconometric testing of the rational expectations and structural neutrality hypotheses for the United States," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 69-82, January.
- Barro, Robert J., 1976. "Rational expectations and the role of monetary policy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Pesaran, M H, 1982. "A Critique of the Proposed Tests of the Natural Rate-Rational Expectations Hypothesis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 529-554, September.
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 1982.
"Does Anticipated Monetary Policy Matter? An Econometric Investigation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(1), pages 22-51, February.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1980. "Does Anticipated Monetary Policy Matter? An Econometric Investigation," NBER Working Papers 0506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, Robert J, 1978.
"Unanticipated Money, Output, and the Price Level in the United States,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(4), pages 549-580, August.
- Barro, Robert J., 1978. "Unanticipated Money, Output, and the Price Level in the United States," Scholarly Articles 3450988, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Adalbert KnÃ¶bl, 1974. "Price Expectations and Actual Price Behavior in Germany (Allemagne: anticipations et Ã©volution effective des prix) (Expectativas y comportamiento real de los precios en Alemania)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(1), pages 83-100, March.
- Perry, George L, 1984. "Reflections on Macroeconomics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 401-407, May.
- Fratianni, Michele, 1978. "Inflation and unanticipated changes in output in Italy," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 141-180, January.
- Barro, Robert J, 1977.
"Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 101-115, March.
- Robert J. Barro, 1976. "Unanticipated Money Growth and Unemployment in the United States," Working Papers 234, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Defris, L. V. & Williams, R. A., 1979. "Quantitative versus qualitative measures of price expectations: The evidence from Australian consumer surveys," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 169-173.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1980. "Survey Evidence on The Rationality of Interest Rate Expectations," NBER Working Papers 0261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanson, James A, 1980. "The Short-Run Relation between Growth and Inflation in Latin America: A Quasi-Rational or Consistent Expectations Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 972-989, December.
- Frank Hahn, 1985. "Money and Inflation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262580624.
- Frenkel, Jacob A, 1977. "The Forward Exchange Rate, Expectations, and the Demand for Money: The German Hyperinflation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 653-670, September.
- Alberro, Jose, 1981. "The Lucas hypothesis on the Phillips Curve : Further international evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 239-250.
- Carlson, John A & Parkin, J Michael, 1975. "Inflation Expectations," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 42(166), pages 123-138, May.
- Grossman, Jacob, 1979. "Nominal Demand Policy and Short-Run Fluctuations in Unemployment and Prices in the United States," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 1063-1085, October.
- Shaw, Graham K, 1987. "Rational Expectations," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 187-209, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0501001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.