Entrepreneurial Efficiency: An Empirical Framework and Evidence
This paper examines a particular aspect of entrepreneurship, namely firms' activities in adapting to idiosyncratic environmental changes by appropriately reallocating resources. It presents an empirical framework that examines the social value of firms' abilities to predict and adapt to the movement of idiosyncratic shocks. Using the method, the quantitative effect of firms' prediction ability on Total Factor Productivity (TFP) is investigated using data from Japan's Census of Manufacturing.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "The Value of Adaptability," Industrial Organization 0406004, EconWPA.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-46, September.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004.
"Entrepreneurial Efficiency: Theory,"
- Jose V. Rodriguez Mora & John Hassler, 2000. "Intelligence, Social Mobility, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 888-908, September.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr., 1978. "On the Size Distribution of Business Firms," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 508-523, Autumn.
- Holmes, Thomas J & Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1990.
"A Theory of Entrepreneurship and Its Application to the Study of Business Transfers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 265-94, April.
- Holmes, T.J. & Schmitz, J.A., 1988. "A Theory Of Enterpreneurship And Its Application To The Study Of Business Transfers," Working papers 8827, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-70, May.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "Entrepreneurial Efficiency," Macroeconomics 0406007, EconWPA.
- Katsuya Takii, 2000.
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1411, Econometric Society.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1982. "Authority, Control, and the Distribution of Earnings," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 311-323, Autumn.
- Davis, Steven J. & Haltiwanger, John, 1999. "Gross job flows," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2711-2805 Elsevier.
- Chang, Yongsung, 2000. "Wages, business cycles, and comparative advantage," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 143-171, August.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004.
"Prediction Ability and Investment under Uncertainty,"
- Katsuya Takii, 2000. "Prediction ability and investment under uncertainty," Economics Discussion Papers 518, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpma:0411006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.