Currency preferences and the Australian dollar
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bordo, Michael D & Choudhri, Ehsan U, 1982.
"Currency Substitution and the Demand for Money: Some Evidence for Canada,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 48-57, February.
- Michael D. Bordo & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 1980. "Currency Substitution and the Semand for Money: Some Evidence for Canada," UCLA Economics Working Papers 190, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Boyer, Russell S. & Kingston, Geoffrey H., 1987. "Currency substitution under finance constraints," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 235-250, September.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr & Stokey, Nancy L, 1987.
"Money and Interest in a Cash-in-Advance Economy,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 491-513, May.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1984. "Money and Interest in Cash-In-Advance Economy," Discussion Papers 628, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1985. "Money and Interest in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," NBER Working Papers 1618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John T. Cuddington, 1982. "Currency substitution: a critical survey from a portfolio balance perspective," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue 6, pages 37-79.
- Nucci, Francesco, 2003. "Cross-currency, cross-maturity forward exchange premiums as predictors of spot rate changes: Theory and evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 183-200, February.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, December.
- Traa, Bob M., 1985. "Indirect currency substitution : A structural approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 233-236.
- Hodrick, Robert & Vassalou, Maria, 2002. "Do we need multi-country models to explain exchange rate and interest rate and bond return dynamics?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 1275-1299, July.
- Kenneth W. Clements & Saroja Selvanathan, 1991.
"The Economic Determinants Of Alcohol Consumption,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 35(2), pages 209-231, August.
- K.W. Clements, 1989. "The Economic Determinants of Alcohol Consumption," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 89-35, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- K.W. Clements & S. Selvanathan, 1991. "The Economic Determinants of Alcohol Consumption," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 91-07, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Nelson C. Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2003.
"Cointegration Vector Estimation by Panel DOLS and Long-run Money Demand,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(5), pages 655-680, December.
- Nelson C. Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2002. "Cointegration Vector Estimation by Panel DOLS and Long-Run Money Demand," NBER Technical Working Papers 0287, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clements, Kenneth W & Selvanathan, Antony & Selvanathan, Saroja, 1996. "Applied Demand Analysis: A Survey," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 72(216), pages 63-81, March.
- Faust, Jon & Rogers, John H. & H. Wright, Jonathan, 2003.
"Exchange rate forecasting: the errors we've really made,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 35-59, May.
- Jon Faust & John H. Rogers & Jonathan H. Wright, 2001. "Exchange rate forecasting: the errors we've really made," International Finance Discussion Papers 714, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2001.
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr., 2000. "Inflation and Welfare," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 247-274, March.
- Brittain, Bruce, 1981. "International Currency Substitution and the Apparent Instability of Velocity in Some Western European Economies and in the United States," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 13(2), pages 135-155, May.
- Lucas, Robert E., 1984. "Money in a theory of finance," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 9-46, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Molina, Angel L., Jr. & Pisani, Michael J., 2009. "Peso Acceptance Patterns in El Paso," MPRA Paper 17900, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Jun 2009.
- Martin Melecky, 2008.
"A Structural Investigation of Third-Currency Shocks to Bilateral Exchange Rates,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 19-48, May.
- Melecky, Martin, 2007. "A structural investigation of third-currency shocks to bilateral exchange rates," MPRA Paper 7402, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Xi & Yang, Jiao-Hui & Wang, Kai-Li & Fawson, Christopher, 2017. "Dynamic information spillovers in intraregionally-focused spot and forward currency markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 78-110.
- André Mollick & Tibebe Assefa, 2013. "Carry-trades on the yen and the Swiss franc: are they different?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(3), pages 402-423, July.
- Melecky, M, 2007. "Currency Preferences in a Tri-Polar Model of Foreign Exchange," MPRA Paper 4186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Melecky, Martin, 2008. "An alternative framework for foreign exchange risk management of sovereign debt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4458, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsAtemporally non-separable preferences; Money demand; Cash in advance; Third-currency effects; Uncovered Interest Parity;
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpif:0502006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.