Predicting job performance: A comparison of expert opinion and research findings
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dakin, Stephen & Armstrong, J. Scott, 1989. "Predicting job performance: A comparison of expert opinion and research findings," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 187-194.
References listed on IDEAS
- Janz, Tom & Etherington, Lois, 1985. "Using forecasted net benefits in designing improved recruitment and selection systems," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 287-296.
- Slovic, Paul & Fleissner, Dan & Bauman, W Scott, 1972. "Analyzing the Use of Information in Investment Decision Making: A Methodological Proposal," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 283-301, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 2003.
"Discovery and communication of important marketing findings: Evidence and proposals,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 69-84, January.
- JS Armstrong, 2004. "Discovery and Communication of Important Marketing Findings: Evidence and Proposals," General Economics and Teaching 0412011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philippe Jacquart & J. Scott Armstrong, 2013. "The Ombudsman: Are Top Executives Paid Enough? An Evidence-Based Review," Interfaces, INFORMS, vol. 43(6), pages 580-589, December.
- Oliver Fabel & Razvan Pascalau, 2007. "Recruitment of Overeducated Personnel: Insider-Outsider Effects on Fair Employee Selection Practices," TWI Research Paper Series 18, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- Oliver Fabel & Razvan Pascalau, 2013.
"Recruitment of Seemingly Overeducated Personnel: Insider--Outsider Effects on Fair Employee Selection Practices,"
International Journal of the Economics of Business,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 57-82, February.
- Fabel, Oliver & Pascalau, Razvan, 2007. "Recruitment of Seemingly Overeducated Personnel: Insider-Outsider Effects on Fair Employee Selection Practices," MPRA Paper 7218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 1996. "The validity of employment interviews: A comprehensive review and meta-analysis : Michael A. McDaniel, D.L. Whetzel, F.L. Schmidt and S.D. Maurer, 994, Journal of Applied Psychology, 79, 599-615," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 317-318, June.
- Armstrong, J. Scott, 1996. "Predicting insurance agent turnover using a video-based judgement test : Anthony T. Dalessio, 1994, Journal of Business an Psychology, 9, 23-32," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 322-323, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEmployee selection; Forecasting; Job performance; Predictor validity; Research vs. expert opinion.;
- A - General Economics and Teaching
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpgt:0412005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .