Belief Affirming in Learning Processes
A learning process is belief affirming if for each player, the difference between her expected payoff in the next period, and the average of her past payoffs converges to zero. We show that every smooth discrete fictitious play and every continuous fictitious play is belief affirming. We also provide conditions under which general averaging processes are belief affirming.
|Date of creation:||11 Aug 1994|
|Date of revision:||11 Aug 1994|
|Note:||14 p. AmS TeX. (for a PostScript file call firstname.lastname@example.org il).|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Drew Fudenberg & David Kreps, 2010.
"Learning Mixed Equilibria,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
415, David K. Levine.
- Sjostrom, T. & Krishna, V., 1995.
"On the Convergence of Ficticious Play,"
04-95-07, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Vijay Krishna & Tomas Sjostrom, 1995. "On the Convergence of Fictitious Play," Game Theory and Information 9503003, EconWPA.
- Vijay Krishna & T. Sjostrom, 2010. "On the Convergence of Fictitious Play," Levine's Working Paper Archive 417, David K. Levine.
- Vijay Krishna & Tomas Sjostrom, 1995. "On the Convergence of Fictitious Play," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1717, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Monderer, Dov & Sela, Aner, 1996. "A2 x 2Game without the Fictitious Play Property," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 144-148, May.
- Thorlund-Petersen, Lars, 1990. "Iterative computation of cournot equilibrium," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 61-75, March.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1991. "Adaptive and sophisticated learning in normal form games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 82-100, February.
- Roth, Alvin E. & Erev, Ido, 1995. "Learning in extensive-form games: Experimental data and simple dynamic models in the intermediate term," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 164-212.
- Monderer, Dov & Shapley, Lloyd S., 1996. "Fictitious Play Property for Games with Identical Interests," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 258-265, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpga:9408002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.