Do `speculative traders' increase Stock Price Volatility? Empirical evidence from the Bombay Stock Exchange
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hsieh, David A & Miller, Merton H, 1990. " Margin Regulation and Stock Market Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 3-29, March.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A, 1990.
"Margin Requirements, Volatility, and the Transitory Components of Stock Prices,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(4), pages 736-762, September.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis, 1988. "Margin requirements, volatility, and the transitory component of stock prices," Research Paper 8818, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gikas A. Hardouvelis, 1989. "Margin requirements, volatility and the transitory component of stock prices," Research Paper 8909, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Hardouvelis, G.A., 1988. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, And The Transitory Component Of Stock Prices," Papers fb-_88-38, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1988. "Permanent and Temporary Components of Stock Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 246-273, April.
- Venkat Eleswarapu & Chandrasekar Krishnamurti, 1995. "Liquidity, stock returns and ownership structure: an empirical study of the BSE," Finance 9507005, EconWPA.
- Conrad, Jennifer, 1989. " The Price Effect of Option Introduction," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(2), pages 487-498, June.
- Detemple, Jerome & Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "Option listing and stock returns : An empirical analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 781-801, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jamshed Y. Uppal & Inayat U. Mangla, 2006. "Regulatory Response to Market Volatility and Manipulation: A Case Study of Mumbai and Karachi Stock Exchanges," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 11(2), pages 79-105, Jul-Dec.
- Jamshed Y. Uppal & Inayat U. Mangla, 2006. "Market Volatility, Manipulation, and Regulatory Response: A Comparative Study of Bombay and Karachi Stock Markets," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(4), pages 1071-1083.
- Ajay Shah, 1995. "The impact of speculation upon volatility and market efficiency: The badla experience on the BSE," Finance 9507002, EconWPA.
- Iqbal, Javed, 2008. "Stock Market in Pakistan: An Overview," MPRA Paper 11868, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
- G - Financial Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:9507006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .