Bank interest rates in a small European economy: Some exploratory macro level analyses using Finnish data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kauko, Karlo, 2005. "Bank interest rates in a small European economy : Some exploratory macro level analyses using Finnish data," Research Discussion Papers 9/2005, Bank of Finland.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vesala, Jukka, 1995. "Testing for competition in banking : Behavioral evidence from Finland," Scientific Monographs, Bank of Finland, number 1995_001, November.
- Solange Berstein & Rodrigo Fuentes, 2005.
"Concentration and Price Rigidity: Evidence for the Deposit Market in Chile,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(1), pages 1-22, January-J.
- Rodrigo Fuentes & Solange Berstein, 2004. "Concentration and Price Rigidity: Evidence for the deposit Market in Chile," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 67, Econometric Society.
- Solange Berstein & Rodrigo Fuentes, 2005. "Concentration and Price Rigidity: Evidence for the Deposit Market in Chile," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 311, Central Bank of Chile.
- Hannan, Timothy H. & Prager, Robin A., 2004.
"The competitive implications of multimarket bank branching,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1889-1914, August.
- Timothy H. Hannan & Robin A. Prager, 2001. "The competitive implications of multimarket bank branching," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-43, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Rosen, Richard J., 2007.
"Banking market conditions and deposit interest rates,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3862-3884, December.
- Richard J. Rosen, 2003. "Banking market conditions and deposit interest rates," Working Paper Series WP-03-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sander, Harald & Kleimeier, Stefanie, 2004.
"Convergence in euro-zone retail banking? What interest rate pass-through tells us about monetary policy transmission, competition and integration,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 461-492, April.
- Sander Harald & Kleimeier Stefanie, 2003. "Convergence in Eurozone retail banking? What interest rate pass-through tells us about monetary policy transmission, competition and integration," Research Memorandum 051, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Maudos, Joaquin & Fernandez de Guevara, Juan, 2004.
"Factors explaining the interest margin in the banking sectors of the European Union,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2259-2281, September.
- Maudos, Joaquin & Fernandez de Guevara, Juan, 2003. "Factors Explaining the Interest Margin in the Banking Sectors of the European Union," MPRA Paper 15252, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 1997. "Microeconomics of Banking," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061937, January.
- Paul Mizen & Boris Hofmann, 2002. "Base rate pass-through: evidence from banks' and building societies' retail rates," Bank of England working papers 170, Bank of England.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2008.
"How do banks set interest rates?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 792-819, July.
- Leonardo Gambacorta, 2004. "How Do Banks Set Interest Rates?," NBER Working Papers 10295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonardo Gambacorta, 2005. "How Do Banks Set Interest Rates?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 542, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Hutchison, David E, 1995. "Retail Bank Deposit Pricing: An Intertemporal Asset Pricing Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 217-231, February.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Backé, Peter, 2003. "Monetary policy transmission in the euro area: any changes after EMU?," Working Paper Series 240, European Central Bank.
- Canhoto, Ana, 2004. "Portuguese banking: A structural model of competition in the deposits market," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1-2), pages 41-63.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Putkuri, Hanna, 2010. "Housing loan rate margins in Finland," Research Discussion Papers 10/2010, Bank of Finland.
- Machava, Agostinho, 2017. "The Macroeconomic Determinants of the Pass-Through from the Market Interest Rate to the Bank Lending Rate in Mozambique," Umeå Economic Studies 954, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Kilponen, Juha & Orjasniemi, Seppo & Ripatti, Antti & Verona, Fabio, 2016. "The Aino 2.0 model," Research Discussion Papers 16/2016, Bank of Finland.
- Gulan, Adam & Haavio, Markus & Kilponen, Juha, 2014. "Kiss me deadly: From Finnish great depression to great recession," Research Discussion Papers 24/2014, Bank of Finland.
More about this item
KeywordsG21; E43; E44;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-11-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2005-11-09 (Finance)
- NEP-FMK-2005-11-09 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-IFN-2005-11-09 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2005-11-09 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2005-11-09 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0508020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .