Lattice Option Pricing By Multidimensional Interpolation
This note proposes a method for pricing high-dimensional American options based on modern methods of multidimensional interpolation. The method allows using sparse grids and thus mitigates the curse of dimensionality. A framework of the pricing algorithm and the corresponding interpolation methods are discussed, and a theorem is demonstrated that suggests that the pricing method is less vulnerable to the curse of dimensionality. The method is illustrated by an application to rainbow options and compared to Least Squares Monte Carlo and other benchmarks.
|Date of creation:||07 Sep 2003|
|Date of revision:||29 Oct 2004|
|Note:||Type of Document - pdf; prepared on IBM PC ; pages: 17; figures: included|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://econwpa.repec.org|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Pricing American-style securities using simulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1323-1352, June.
- Bardia Kamrad & Peter Ritchken, 1991. "Multinomial Approximating Models for Options with k State Variables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(12), pages 1640-1652, December.
- Frank Milne & Dilip Madan & Hersh Shefrin, 1990.
"The Multinomial Option Pricing Model and Its Brownian and Poisson Limits,"
1162, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Madan, Dilip B & Milne, Frank & Shefrin, Hersh, 1989. "The Multinomial Option Pricing Model and Its Brownian and Poisson Limits," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 251-65.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Barraquand, Jérôme & Martineau, Didier, 1995. "Numerical Valuation of High Dimensional Multivariate American Securities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 383-405, September.
- Boyle, Phelim P & Evnine, Jeremy & Gibbs, Stephen, 1989. "Numerical Evaluation of Multivariate Contingent Claims," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 241-50.
- Boyle, Phelim P., 1988. "A Lattice Framework for Option Pricing with Two State Variables," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(01), pages 1-12, March.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 113-47.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt43n1k4jb, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0309003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.