Convergence and Biases of Monte Carlo estimates of American option prices using a parametric exercise rule
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Kaushik Amin & Ajay Khanna, 1994. "Convergence Of American Option Values From Discrete- To Continuous-Time Financial Models," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 289-304.
- Barraquand, Jérôme & Martineau, Didier, 1995. "Numerical Valuation of High Dimensional Multivariate American Securities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 383-405, September.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 2002. "Monte Carlo valuation of American options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 271-286.
- John F. Geweke, 1995.
"Monte Carlo simulation and numerical integration,"
192, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Gao, Bin & Huang, Jing-zhi & Subrahmanyam, Marti, 2000.
"The valuation of American barrier options using the decomposition technique,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 24(11-12), pages 1783-1827, October.
- Marti G. Subrahmanyam & Bin Gao & Jing-zhi Huang, 1998. "The Valuation of American Barrier Options Using the Decomposition Technique," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-067, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Mark Broadie & Jérôme Detemple, 1997. "The Valuation of American Options on Multiple Assets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 241-286.
- Philip Protter & Emmanuelle Clément & Damien Lamberton, 2002. "An analysis of a least squares regression method for American option pricing," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 449-471.
- Geske, Robert & Johnson, Herb E, 1984. " The American Put Option Valued Analytically," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1511-24, December.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1.
- Boyle, Phelim & Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Monte Carlo methods for security pricing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1267-1321, June.
- Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Pricing American-style securities using simulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1323-1352, June.
- Anthony A. Smith, Jr., 1991. "Solving Stochastic Dynamic Programming Problems Using Rules Of Thumb," Working Papers 816, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Broadie, Mark & Detemple, Jerome, 1996. "American Option Valuation: New Bounds, Approximations, and a Comparison of Existing Methods," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(4), pages 1211-50.
- Carriere, Jacques F., 1996. "Valuation of the early-exercise price for options using simulations and nonparametric regression," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 19-30, December.
- Ju, Nengjiu, 1998. "Pricing an American Option by Approximating Its Early Exercise Boundary as a Multipiece Exponential Function," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(3), pages 627-46.
- He, Hua, 1990.
"Convergence from Discrete- to Continuous-Time Contingent Claims Prices,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 523-46.
- Hua He., 1990. "Convergence from Discrete to Continuous Time Contingent Claims Prices," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-199, University of California at Berkeley.
- Krusell, Per & Smith, Anthony Jr., 1996. "Rules of thumb in macroeconomic equilibrium A quantitative analysis," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 527-558, April.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt43n1k4jb, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:27:y:2003:i:10:p:1855-1879. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.