A computationally efficient state-space partitioning approach to pricing high-dimensional American options via dimension reduction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bally, Vlad & Pagès, Gilles, 2003. "Error analysis of the optimal quantization algorithm for obstacle problems," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 1-40, July.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Merton, Robert C., 1971.
"Optimum consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous-time model,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 373-413, December.
- R. C. Merton, 1970. "Optimum Consumption and Portfolio Rules in a Continuous-time Model," Working papers 58, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Mark Broadie & Jérôme Detemple, 1997. "The Valuation of American Options on Multiple Assets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 241-286.
- Brennan, Michael J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1977. "The Valuation of American Put Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 449-462, May.
- Ibáñez, Alfredo & Zapatero, Fernando, 2004. "Monte Carlo Valuation of American Options through Computation of the Optimal Exercise Frontier," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(02), pages 253-275, June.
- V. Bally & G. Pagès & J. Printems, 2003. "First-Order Schemes in the Numerical Quantization Method," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 1-16.
- Ju, Nengjiu, 1998. "Pricing an American Option by Approximating Its Early Exercise Boundary as a Multipiece Exponential Function," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 11(3), pages 627-646.
- Boyle, Phelim P., 1977. "Options: A Monte Carlo approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 323-338, May.
- Medvedev, Alexey & Scaillet, Olivier, 2010. "Pricing American options under stochastic volatility and stochastic interest rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 145-159, October.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt43n1k4jb, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Leif Andersen & Mark Broadie, 2004. "Primal-Dual Simulation Algorithm for Pricing Multidimensional American Options," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(9), pages 1222-1234, September.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 113-147.
- Boyle, Phelim & Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Monte Carlo methods for security pricing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1267-1321, June.
- Stulz, ReneM., 1982. "Options on the minimum or the maximum of two risky assets : Analysis and applications," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 161-185, July.
- Heston, Steven L, 1993. "A Closed-Form Solution for Options with Stochastic Volatility with Applications to Bond and Currency Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 327-343.
- Jiun Hong Chan & Mark Joshi & Robert Tang & Chao Yang, 2009. "Trinomial or binomial: Accelerating American put option price on trees," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(9), pages 826-839, September.
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Whaley, Robert E, 1987. " Efficient Analytic Approximation of American Option Values," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 301-320, June.
- Xun Li & Zhenyu Wu, 2006. "A semi-analytic method for valuing high-dimensional options on the maximum and minimum of multiple assets," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 179-205, March.
- Merton, Robert C, 1969. "Lifetime Portfolio Selection under Uncertainty: The Continuous-Time Case," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(3), pages 247-257, August.
- Broadie, Mark & Detemple, Jerome, 1996. "American Option Valuation: New Bounds, Approximations, and a Comparison of Existing Methods," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(4), pages 1211-1250.
- Barraquand, Jérôme & Martineau, Didier, 1995. "Numerical Valuation of High Dimensional Multivariate American Securities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 383-405, September.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1977. "The valuation of warrants: Implementing a new approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 79-93, January.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 2002. "Monte Carlo valuation of American options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 271-286.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chockalingam, Arun & Feng, Haolin, 2015. "The implication of missing the optimal-exercise time of an American option," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 243(3), pages 883-896.
- Fusai, Gianluca & Germano, Guido & Marazzina, Daniele, 2016. "Spitzer identity, Wiener-Hopf factorization and pricing of discretely monitored exotic options," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 251(1), pages 124-134.
- Fusai, Gianluca & Germano, Guido & Marazzina, Daniele, 2016. "Spitzer identity, Wiener-Hopf factorization and pricing of discretely monitored exotic options," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67564, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jin, Xing & Yang, Cheng-Yu, 2016. "Efficient estimation of lower and upper bounds for pricing higher-dimensional American arithmetic average options by approximating their payoff functions," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 65-77.
- Sesana, Debora & Marazzina, Daniele & Fusai, Gianluca, 2014. "Pricing exotic derivatives exploiting structure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(1), pages 369-381.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 2015. "Bermudan options by simulation," Papers 1508.06117, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2016.
More about this item
KeywordsHigh dimensional American-style option; Dimension reduction; Stochastic dynamic programming;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:231:y:2013:i:2:p:362-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.