Simulation-based pricing of convertible bonds
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 113-147.
- Boyle, Phelim & Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Monte Carlo methods for security pricing," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1267-1321, June.
- Carriere, Jacques F., 1996. "Valuation of the early-exercise price for options using simulations and nonparametric regression," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 19-30, December.
- Lewis, Craig M., 1991. "Convertible debt: Valuation and conversion in complex capital structures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 665-682, June.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Broadie, Mark & Detemple, Jerome & Ghysels, Eric & Torres, Olivier, 2000.
"American options with stochastic dividends and volatility: A nonparametric investigation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 53-92.
- Mark Broadie & Jérôme B. Detemple & Eric Ghysels & Olivier Torrès, 1996. "American Options with Stochastic Dividends and Volatility: A Nonparametric Investigation," CIRANO Working Papers 96s-26, CIRANO.
- Ait-Sahalia, Yacine, 1996.
"Nonparametric Pricing of Interest Rate Derivative Securities,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(3), pages 527-560, May.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 1995. "Nonparametric Pricing of Interest Rate Derivative Securities," NBER Working Papers 5345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wolfgang Bühler & Christian Koziol, 2002. "Valuation Of Convertible Bonds With Sequential Conversion," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 54(4), pages 302-334, October.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1980. "Analyzing Convertible Bonds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(04), pages 907-929, November.
- Barone-Adesi, Giovanni & Bermudez, Ana & Hatgioannides, John, 2003. "Two-factor convertible bonds valuation using the method of characteristics/finite elements," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1801-1831, August.
- Ammann, Manuel & Kind, Axel & Wilde, Christian, 2003. "Are convertible bonds underpriced? An analysis of the French market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 635-653, April.
- Glosten, Lawrence R & Jagannathan, Ravi & Runkle, David E, 1993.
" On the Relation between the Expected Value and the Volatility of the Nominal Excess Return on Stocks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1779-1801, December.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Ravi Jagannathan & David E. Runkle, 1993. "On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks," Staff Report 157, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Garcia, Diego, 2003. "Convergence and Biases of Monte Carlo estimates of American option prices using a parametric exercise rule," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1855-1879, August.
- Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr, 1977. "An Examination of Corporate Call Policies on Convertible Securities," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 463-478, May.
- McConnell, John J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1986. " LYON Taming," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 561-576, July.
- Jin-Chuan Duan, 1995. "The Garch Option Pricing Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 13-32.
- Philip Protter & Emmanuelle Clément & Damien Lamberton, 2002. "An analysis of a least squares regression method for American option pricing," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 449-471.
- Barraquand, Jérôme & Martineau, Didier, 1995. "Numerical Valuation of High Dimensional Multivariate American Securities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 383-405, September.
- Brennan, M J & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1977. "Convertible Bonds: Valuation and Optimal Strategies for Call and Conversion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(5), pages 1699-1715, December.
- Akihiko Takahashi & Takao Kobayashi & Naruhisa Nakagawa, 2001. "Pricing Convertible Bonds with Default Risk: A Duffie-Singleton Approach," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-140, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1980. " An Analysis of Variable Rate Loan Contracts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 389-403, May.
- Dwight Grant & Gautam Vora & David Weeks, 1997. "Path-Dependent Options: Extending the Monte Carlo Simulation Approach," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(11), pages 1589-1602, November.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 2002. "Monte Carlo valuation of American options," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 271-286.
- Broadie, Mark & Glasserman, Paul, 1997. "Pricing American-style securities using simulation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(8-9), pages 1323-1352, June.
- Longstaff, Francis A & Schwartz, Eduardo S, 2001. "Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt43n1k4jb, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Markus Buergi, 2013. "Pricing contingent convertibles: a general framework for application in practice," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 27(1), pages 31-63, March.
- Jonathan A. Batten & Karren Lee-Hwei Khaw & Martin R. Young, 2014. "Convertible Bond Pricing Models," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 775-803, December.
- Feng, Yun & Huang, Bing-hua & Huang, Yu, 2016. "Valuing resettable convertible bonds: Based on path decomposing," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 279-290.
- Kateryna Mishchenko & Volodymyr Mishchenko & Anatoliy Malyarenko, 2007. "Adapted Downhill Simplex Method for Pricing Convertible Bonds," Papers 0710.0241, arXiv.org.
- Xiao, Tim, 2014. "A Simple and Precise Method for Pricing Convertible Bond with Credit Risk," MPRA Paper 53982, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tim Xiao, 2015. "Is the jump-diffusion model a good solution for credit risk modelling? The case of convertible bonds," Post-Print hal-01812928, HAL.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tim Xiao, 2013. "A simple and precise method for pricing convertible bond with credit risk," Post-Print hal-01812927, HAL.
- Axel Kind, 2005. "Pricing American-Style Options By Simulation," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 19(1), pages 109-116, June.
- Ammann, Manuel & Kind, Axel & Seiz, Ralf, 2010. "What drives the performance of convertible-bond funds?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2600-2613, November.
- Radha Krishn Coonjobeharry & Désiré Yannick Tangman & Muddun Bhuruth, 2016. "A Two-Factor Jump-Diffusion Model For Pricing Convertible Bonds With Default Risk," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(06), pages 1-26, September.
- Dutordoir, Marie & Van de Gucht, Linda, 2007. "Are there windows of opportunity for convertible debt issuance? Evidence for Western Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2828-2846, September.
- Xiao, Tim, 2013. "Is the Jump-Diffusion Model a Good Solution for Credit Risk Modeling? The Case of Convertible Bonds," MPRA Paper 47366, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Xu, Ruxing, 2011. "A lattice approach for pricing convertible bond asset swaps with market risk and counterparty risk," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 2143-2153, September.
- Dutordoir, M.D.R.P. & Van de Gucht, L., 2006. "Are There Windows of Opportunity for Convertible Debt Issuance? Evidence for Western Europe," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-055-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- repec:eee:matcom:v:152:y:2018:i:c:p:35-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siddiqi, Mazhar A., 2009. "Investigating the effectiveness of convertible bonds in reducing agency costs: A Monte-Carlo approach," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 1360-1370, November.
- Feng, Yun & Huang, Bing-hua & Young, Martin & Zhou, Qi-yuan, 2015. "Decomposing and valuing convertible bonds: A new method based on exotic options," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 193-206.
More about this item
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:empfin:v:15:y:2008:i:2:p:310-331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jempfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.