The Monty Hall Dilemma Revisited: Understanding the Interaction of Problem Definition and Decision Making
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- LeRoy, Stephen F & Singell, Larry D, Jr, 1987. "Knight on Risk and Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 394-406, April.
- Nalebuff, Barry, 1987. "Choose a Curtain, Duel-ity, Two Point Conversions, and More," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 157-163, Fall.
- Friedman, Daniel, 1998. "Monty Hall's Three Doors: Construction and Deconstruction of a Choice Anomaly," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 933-946, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jgames:v:8:y:2017:i:3:p:31-:d:105869 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan C. Schuller, 2012. "The malicious host: a minimax solution of the Monty Hall problem," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 215-221, April.
More about this item
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-06-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-1999-06-23 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EXP-1999-06-23 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-IND-1999-06-23 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-POL-1999-06-23 (Positive Political Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Talk:Monty Hall problem/draft2 in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Talk:Monty Hall problem/Archive 32 in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Монтихолов парадокс in Wikipedia Serbian ne '')
- Talk:Monty Hall problem/draft1 in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Парадокс Монти Холла in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- Talk:Monty Hall problem/Archive 28 in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Monty Hallin ongelma in Wikipedia Finnish ne '')
- User:SPACKlick/Monty Hall Problem(draft) in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Monty Hall problem in Wikipedia English ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpex:9906001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.