If only I could sack you! Management turnover and performance in large German Banks between 1874 and 1913
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Franks, Julian & Mayer, Colin, 2001. "Ownership and Control of German Corporations," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 943-977.
- Kaplan, Steven N, 1994.
"Top Executives, Turnover, and Firm Performance in Germany,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 142-159, April.
- Steven N. Kaplan, 1993. "Top Executives, Turnover and Firm Performance in Germany," NBER Working Papers 4416, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven N Kaplan, 1994. "Top Executives, Turnover and Firm Performance in Germany," CEPR Financial Markets Paper 0045, European Science Foundation Network in Financial Markets, c/o C.E.P.R, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ..
- Christian Bayer & Carsten Burhop, 2008.
"A Corporate Governance Reform as a Natural Experiment for Incentive Contracts,"
Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr),
LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 60(4), pages 378-399, October.
- Carsten Burhop & Christian Bayer, 2004. "A Corporate Governance Reform As A Natural Experiment For Incentive Contracts," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2004 149, Royal Economic Society.
- Christian Bayer & Carsten Burhop, 2004. "A Corporate Governance Reform as a Natural Experiment for Incentive Contracts," Finance 0407002, EconWPA.
- Mark R. Huson, 2001. "Internal Monitoring Mechanisms and CEO Turnover: A Long-Term Perspective," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(6), pages 2265-2297, December.
- Clifford G. Holderness & Randall S. Kroszner & Dennis P. Sheehan, 1999. "Were the Good Old Days That Good? Changes in Managerial Stock Ownership Since the Great Depression," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 435-469, April.
- Steven N. Kaplan, 1992. "Top Executive Rewards and Firm Performance: A Comparison of Japan and the U.S," NBER Working Papers 4065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Conyon, Martin J, 1998. "Directors' Pay and Turnover: An Application to a Sample of Large UK Firms," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(4), pages 485-507, November.
More about this item
KeywordsManagement turnover; Performance; Banking; late 19th century Germany;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpeh:0502006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .