Directors' Pay and Turnover: An Application to a Sample of Large UK Firms
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan B. Krueger, 1999.
"Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 497-532.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1997. "Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions," NBER Working Papers 6051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan B. Krueger, 1997. "Experimental Estimates of Education Production Functions," Working Papers 758, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Ammermüller, Andreas & Dolton, Peter J., 2006. "Pupil-teacher gender interaction effects on scholastic outcomes in England and the USA," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-060, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kingdon, Geeta & Teal, Francis, 2010.
"Teacher unions, teacher pay and student performance in India: A pupil fixed effects approach,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 278-288, March.
- Geeta Kingdon & Francis Teal, 2008. "Teacher Unions, Teacher Pay and Student Performance in India: A Pupil Fixed Effects Approach," CESifo Working Paper Series 2428, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Kremer, 2003. "Randomized Evaluations of Educational Programs in Developing Countries: Some Lessons," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 102-106, May.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000. "The Effects of Class Size on Student Achievement: New Evidence from Population Variation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1239-1285.
- Aslam, Monazza & Kingdon, Geeta, 2011. "What can teachers do to raise pupil achievement?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 559-574, June.
- Hanushek, Eric A., 2006. "School Resources," Handbook of the Economics of Education, Elsevier.
- Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 2006. "Teacher characteristics and student performance in India: A pupil fixed effects approach," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-059, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Holmlund, Helena & Sund, Krister, 2008.
"Is the gender gap in school performance affected by the sex of the teacher,"
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 37-53, February.
- Holmlund, Helena & Sund, Krister, 2005. "Is the Gender Gap in School Performance Affected by the Sex of the Teacher?," Working Paper Series 5/2005, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Thomas S. Dee, 2007.
"Teachers and the Gender Gaps in Student Achievement,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 42(3).
- Thomas S. Dee, 2005. "Teachers and the Gender Gaps in Student Achievement," NBER Working Papers 11660, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 3-33, February.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Victor Lavy, 1999. "Using Maimonides' Rule to Estimate the Effect of Class Size on Scholastic Achievement," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 533-575.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Martin Boyer & Hernán Ortiz-Molina, 2008.
"Career Concerns of Top Executives, Managerial Ownership and CEO Succession,"
Corporate Governance: An International Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 178-193, May.
- M. Martin Boyer & Hernan Ortiz Molina, 2004. "Career Concerns of Top Executives, Managerial Ownership and CEO Succession," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-34, CIRANO.
- Fabbri, Francesca & Marin, Dalia, 2012.
"What Explains the Rise in CEO Pay in Germany? A Panel Data Analysis for 1977-2009,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8879, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fabbri, Francesca & Marin, Dalia, 2012. "What Explains the Rise in CEO Pay in Germany? A Panel Data Analysis for 1977-2009," IZA Discussion Papers 6420, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fabbri, Francesca & Marin, Dalia, 2012. "What Explains the Rise in CEO Pay in Germany? A Panel Data Analysis for 1977-2009," Discussion Papers in Economics 12817, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fabbri, Francesca & Marin, Dalia, 2012. "What explains the rise in CEO pay in Germany? A Panel Data Analysis for 1977-2009," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 374, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Francesca Fabbri & Dalia Marin, 2012. "What Explains the Rise in CEO Pay in Germany? A Panel Data Analysis for 1977-2009," CESifo Working Paper Series 3757, CESifo Group Munich.
- Powers, Eric A., 2005. "Interpreting logit regressions with interaction terms: an application to the management turnover literature," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 504-522, June.
- Chin-Tsai Lin & Yi-Hsien Wang, 2005. "An Analysis of Political Changes on Nikkei 225 Stock Returns and Volatilities," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 6(1), pages 169-183, May.
- Yi-Hsien Wang & Chung-Chu Chuang, 2009. "Selecting the portfolio investment strategy under political structure change in United States," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 43(5), pages 845-854, September.
- Paul André, 2009. ""Discussion of" Firm Performance and Managerial Succession in Family Managed Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3-4), pages 485-495.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Janto Haman & Saeed Askary, 2007.
"Directors' Remuneration and Performance in Australian Banking,"
Corporate Governance: An International Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(6), pages 1363-1383, November.
- Hristos Doucouliagos & Saeed Askary & Janto Haman, 2006. "Directors' Remuneration and Performance in Australian Banking," Economics Series 2006_11, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Carles Gispert, 1998. "Board turnover and firm performance in Spanish companies," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(3), pages 517-536, September.
- Illoong Kwon, 2005.
"Threat of Dismissal: Incentive or Sorting?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(4), pages 797-838, October.
- Illoong Kwon, 2004. "Threat of Dismissal: Incentive or Sorting?," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 114, Econometric Society.
- Miljkovic, Dragan, 2006. "Organizational portfolio theory and international not-for-profit organizations," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 142-150, February.
- Christian Bayer & Carsten Burhop, 2005. "If only I could sack you! Management turnover and performance in large German Banks between 1874 and 1913," Economic History 0502006, EconWPA.
- Rafel Crespi-Cladera & Carles Gispert & Luc Renneboog, 2001. "Verringern Management-Entlohnungskosten die Agency-Kosten?: Empirische Evidenz von netzwerkorientierten und marktorientierten Unternehmenskontrollsystemen," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 70(2), pages 234-246.
- Gili Yen & Ching-Lung Chen, 2005. "Proxy contest, board reelection, and managerial turnover-yes, the proxy contest outcome matters," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 15-23.
- Muravyev, Alexander, 2003.
"Обновление Директорского Корпуса На Российских Приватизированных Предприятиях
[Turnover of managers in Russian privatized enterprises: A survey of evidence]," MPRA Paper 27230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chin-Tsai Lin & Yi-Hsien Wang, 2007. "The impact of party alternative on the stock market: the case of Japan," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 79-85.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:obuest:v:60:y:1998:i:4:p:485-507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.