The Railroad’s Impact on Land Values in the Upper Great Plains at the Closing of the Frontier
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Heckelman, Jac C. & Wallis, John Joseph, 1997. "Railroads and Property Taxes," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 77-99, January.
- Coffman, Chad & Gregson, Mary Eschelbach, 1998. "Railroad Development and Land Value," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 191-204, March.
- Anderson, Terry L & Hill, Peter J, 1975. "The Evolution of Property Rights: A Study of the American West," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 163-179, April.
- Craig, Lee A & Palmquist, Raymond B & Weiss, Thomas, 1998. "Transportation Improvements and Land Values in the Antebellum United States: A Hedonic Approach," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 173-189, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew R. Goetz, 2011. "The Global Economic Crisis, Investment in Transport Infrastructure, and Economic Development," Chapters,in: Transportation and Economic Development Challenges, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Decker, Christopher & Flynn, David, 2009. "The impact of military forts on agricultural investments on the Great Plains in 1880," MPRA Paper 19556, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katherine White, 2008. "Sending or Receiving Stations? The Dual Influence of Railroads in Early 20th-Century Great Plains Settlement," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 27(1), pages 89-115, February.
More about this item
KeywordsBox-Cox; Railroads; Great Plains;
- N - Economic History
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpeh:0408001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .