Globalization and Economic Inequality in the Short and Long Run: The Case of South Korea 1975-1995
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sato, Sumie & Fukushige, Mototsugu, 2009. "Globalization and economic inequality in the short and long run: The case of South Korea 1975-1995," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 62-68, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Vanhoudt, 2000.
"An assessment of the macroeconomic determinants of inequality,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(7), pages 877-883.
- VANHOUDT, Patrick, 1997. "An assessment of the macroeconomic determinants of inequality," SESO Working Papers 1997007, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Vanhoudt, Patrick, 1998. "An Assessment of the Macroeconomic Determinants of Inequality," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 271, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Nissanke, Machiko & Thorbecke, Erik, 2006. "Channels and policy debate in the globalization-inequality-poverty nexus," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1338-1360, August.
- Almas Heshmati, 2006. "Conditional and unconditional inequality and growth relationships," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(14), pages 925-931.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- Williamson, Jeffrey G, 1997. "Globalization and Inequality, Past and Present," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 117-135, August.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- David Dollar, 2005. "Globalization, Poverty, and Inequality since 1980," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 20(2), pages 145-175.
- Feenstra, Robert C. & Hanson, Gordon H., 1997.
"Foreign direct investment and relative wages: Evidence from Mexico's maquiladoras,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 371-393, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1995. "Foreign Direct Investment and Relative Wages: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladoras," NBER Working Papers 5122, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beyer, Harald & Rojas, Patricio & Vergara, Rodrigo, 1999. "Trade liberalization and wage inequality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 103-123, June.
- Deaton, Angus & Paxson, Christina, 1994. "Intertemporal Choice and Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 437-467, June.
- Kang Park, 1998. "Distribution and growth: cross-country evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(7), pages 943-949.
- Blejer, Mario I & Guerrero, Isabel, 1990. "The Impact of Macroeconomic Policies on Income Distribution: An Empirical Study of the Philippines," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 414-423, August.
- Fukushige, Mototsugu, 1996. "Annual redistribution and lifetime redistribution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 269-273, September.
- A. Gelan & G. N. Price, 2003. "African economies and the Kuznets curve: an exploratory investigation," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(12), pages 747-751.
- Jong-Eun Lee, 2006. "Does globalization matter to income distribution in Asia?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(13), pages 851-855.
- Changkyu Choi, 2006. "Does foreign direct investment affect domestic income inequality?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(12), pages 811-814.
- Fields, Gary S & Yoo, Gyeongjoon, 2000. "Falling Labor Income Inequality in Korea's Economic Growth: Patterns and Underlying Causes," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(2), pages 139-159, June.
- Papanek, Gustav F. & Kyn, Oldrich, 1986. "The effect on income distribution of development, the growth rate and economic strategy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 55-65, September.
- Shujie Yao, 2006. "On economic growth, FDI and exports in China," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 339-351.
- Fukushige, Mototsugu, 1989. "A new approach to the economic inequality based upon the permanent income hypothesis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 183-187.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sadullah Çelik & Ulkem Basdas, 2010. "How Does Globalization Affect Income Inequality? A Panel Data Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 16(4), pages 358-370, November.
- Karacaovali, Baybars & Tabakis, Chrysostomos, 2017.
"Wage inequality dynamics and trade exposure in South Korea,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 48-65.
- Baybars Karacaovali & Chrysostomos Tabakis, 2016. "Wage Inequality Dynamics and Trade Exposure in South Korea," Working Papers 201619, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Parisa SAMIMI & Guan Choo LIM & Abdul Aziz BUANG, 2011. "Globalization Measurement: Notes on Common Globalization Indexes," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(7), pages 1-20, December.
- Lee, Siwook, 2017. "International trade and within-sector wage inequality: The case of South Korea," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 38-47.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobalization; Economic inequality; Gini coefficient; South Korea;
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
- D30 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - General
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osk:wpaper:0743. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Atsuko SUZUKI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feosujp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.