Plunder & Protection Inc
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Herschel I. Grossman, 2001. "The Creation of Effective Property Rights," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 347-352, May.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Dercon, Stefan & Gunning, Jan & Pradhan, Sanjay, 1995. "Some economic consequences of the transition from civil war to peace," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1392, The World Bank.
- Kai A.Konrad & Stergios Skaperdas, 1997. "Backing up Words with Deeds: Information and punishment in organized crime," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 24, pages 51-63.
- Paul Collier, 1994. "Demobilization and insecurity: A study in the economics of the transition from war to peace," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 343-351, May.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 2002. "Warlord Competition," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 39(4), pages 435-446, July.
- repec:taf:ceasxx:v:51:y:1999:i:5:p:741-754 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl & Torvik, Ragnar, 2003.
"Predator or prey?: Parasitic enterprises in economic development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 275-294, April.
- Mehlum,H. & Moene,K. & Torvik,R., 2000. "Predator or prey? : parasitic enterprises in economic development," Memorandum 27/2000, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Lane, Frederic C., 1958. "Economic Consequences of Organized Violence," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(04), pages 401-417, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl O. & Torvik, Ragnar, 2003. "Parasites," Memorandum 16/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Halvor Mehlum & Karl Moene & Ragnar Torvik, 2006. "Cursed by Resources or Institutions?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 1117-1131, August.
- Jean-François Maystadt & Giacomo De Luca & Petros G. Sekeris & John Ulimwengu, 2014.
"Mineral resources and conflicts in DRC: a case of ecological fallacy?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 721-749.
- Giacomo De Luca & Jean-François Maystadt & Petros G. Sekeris & John Ulimwengu, 2012. "Mineral Resources and Conflicts in DRC: A Case of Ecological Fallacy," Working Papers 1207, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Milante, Gary, 2007. "A kleptocrat's survival guide : autocratic longevity in the face of civil conflict," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4186, The World Bank.
- Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2004. "When Does Natural Resource Abundance Lead to a Resource Curse?," Discussion Papers 24137, International Institute for Environment and Development, Environmental Economics Programme.
- Gvozdeva, Margarita & Kazakova, M.V. & Kiblitskaya, T.R. & Lyubimov, I.L. & Nesterova, K.V., 2016. "Various Aspects of Natural Resource Wealth Effect on Economic Growth," Working Papers 2045, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Thomas G. Weiss, 2016. "Ethical Quandaries in War Zones, When Mass Atrocity Prevention Fails," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 7(2), pages 135-145, May.
More about this item
Keywordscrime; protection; extortion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpdc:0210002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .