Plunder & Protection Inc
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Halvor Mehlum & Karl Moene & Ragnar Torvik, 2002. "Plunder & Protection Inc," Development and Comp Systems 0210002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl-Ove & Torvik, Ragnar, 2003. "Plunder & Protections Inc," Memorandum 10/2002, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Herschel I. Grossman, 2001. "The Creation of Effective Property Rights," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 347-352, May.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Dercon, Stefan & Gunning, Jan & Pradhan, Sanjay, 1995. "Some economic consequences of the transition from civil war to peace," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1392, The World Bank.
- Kai A.Konrad & Stergios Skaperdas, 1997. "Backing up Words with Deeds: Information and punishment in organized crime," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 24, pages 51-63.
- Paul Collier, 1994. "Demobilization and insecurity: A study in the economics of the transition from war to peace," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 343-351, May.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 2002. "Warlord Competition," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 39(4), pages 435-446, July.
- Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl & Torvik, Ragnar, 2003.
"Predator or prey?: Parasitic enterprises in economic development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 275-294, April.
- Mehlum,H. & Moene,K. & Torvik,R., 2000. "Predator or prey? : parasitic enterprises in economic development," Memorandum 27/2000, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Lane, Frederic C., 1958. "Economic Consequences of Organized Violence," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(04), pages 401-417, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehlum, Halvor & Moene, Karl O. & Torvik, Ragnar, 2003. "Parasites," Memorandum 16/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Jean-François Maystadt & Giacomo De Luca & Petros G. Sekeris & John Ulimwengu, 2014.
"Mineral resources and conflicts in DRC: a case of ecological fallacy?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(3), pages 721-749.
- Giacomo De Luca & Jean-François Maystadt & Petros G. Sekeris & John Ulimwengu, 2012. "Mineral Resources and Conflicts in DRC: A Case of Ecological Fallacy," Working Papers 1207, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Halvor Mehlum & Karl Moene & Ragnar Torvik, 2006. "Cursed by Resources or Institutions?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 1117-1131, August.
- Milante, Gary, 2007. "A kleptocrat's survival guide : autocratic longevity in the face of civil conflict," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4186, The World Bank.
- Gvozdeva, Margarita & Kazakova, M.V. & Kiblitskaya, T.R. & Lyubimov, I.L. & Nesterova, K.V., 2016. "Various Aspects of Natural Resource Wealth Effect on Economic Growth," Working Papers 2045, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2004. "When Does Natural Resource Abundance Lead to a Resource Curse?," Discussion Papers 24137, International Institute for Environment and Development, Environmental Economics Programme.
- Thomas G. Weiss, 2016. "Ethical Quandaries in War Zones, When Mass Atrocity Prevention Fails," Global Policy, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 7(2), pages 135-145, May.
More about this item
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:joupea:v:39:y:2002:i:4:p:447-459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.prio.no/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.