The Creation of Effective Property Rights
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bush, Winston C. & Mayer, Lawrence S., 1974. "Some implications of anarchy for the distribution of property," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 401-412, August.
- Dani Rodrik, 2000.
"Institutions for High-Quality Growth: What They are and How to Acquire Them,"
NBER Working Papers
7540, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2000. "Institutions For High-Quality Growth: What They Are And How To Acquire Them," CEPR Discussion Papers 2370, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, Herschel I & Kim, Minseong, 1995. "Swords or Plowshares? A Theory of the Security of Claims to Property," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1275-1288, December.
- Hirshleifer, Jack, 1995. "Anarchy and Its Breakdown," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 26-52, February.
- Herschel I. Grossman & Juan Mendoza, 1999. "Scarcity and Conflict," Working Papers 99-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Muthoo, Abhinay, 2000.
"On the foundations of basic property rights, Part I: A model of the state-of-nature with two players,"
Economics Discussion Papers
9986, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Abhinay Muthoo, 2000. "On the Foundations of Basic Property Rights, Part I: A Model of the State-of-Nature with Two Players," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0471, Econometric Society.
- Grossman, Herschel I., 1995. "Insurrections," Handbook of Defense Economics,in: Keith Hartley & Todd Sandler (ed.), Handbook of Defense Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 191-212 Elsevier.
- Grossman, Herschel I., 2002.
""Make us a king": anarchy, predation, and the state,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 31-46, March.
- Herschel I. Grossman, 1997. ""Make Us a King": Anarchy, Predation, and the State," NBER Working Papers 6289, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alston, Lee J & Libecap, Gary D & Schneider, Robert, 1996.
"The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 25-61, April.
- Lee J. Alston & Gary D. Libecap & Robert Schneider, 1996. "The Determinants and Impact of Property Rights: Land Titles on the Brazilian Frontier," NBER Working Papers 5405, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Herschel I. Grossman & Minseong Kim & Juan Mendoza, 2000. "Decisiveness and the Viability of the State," Working Papers 2000-02, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Konrad, Kai A & Skaperdas, Stergios, 1998. "Extortion," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(260), pages 461-477, November.
More about this item
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:7897. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .