Problems of Bank Lending in Bulgaria: Information Asymmetry and Institutional Learning
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William Hallagan, 1997. "Speed And Sequencing Of Market Reforms: The Case Of Banking In Latvia," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(2), pages 24-34, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:75:y:1981:i:02:p:306-318_17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1995.
"The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 407-443.
- Mitchell A. Petersen & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1994. "The Effect of Credit Market Competition on Lending Relationships," NBER Working Papers 4921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Callier, Philippe, 1990. "Informal Finance: The Rotating Saving and Credit Association--An Interpretation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 273-276.
- Naomi R. Lamoreaux, 1991. "Information Problems and Banks' Specialization in Short-Term Commercial Lending: New England in the Nineteenth Century," NBER Chapters,in: Inside the Business Enterprise: Historical Perspectives on the Use of Information, pages 161-204 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Lamoreaux,Naomi R., 1994. "Insider Lending," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521460965, Fall.
- Orlean, Andre, 1995. "Bayesian interactions and collective dynamics of opinion: Herd behavior and mimetic contagion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 257-274, October.
- Telser, L G, 1980. "A Theory of Self-enforcing Agreements," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 27-44, January.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 1996. "Why Banks Have A Future: Toward A New Theory Of Commercial Banking," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 9(2), pages 114-128.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sõrg, Mart, 2003. "Reformation of the Estonian banking system," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 02/2003, University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- M. Berlemann & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2003.
"Lending of First Versus Lending of Last Resort: The Bulgarian Financial Crisis of 1996/1997,"
- M. Berlemann & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2004. "Lending of First versus Lending of Last Resort: The Bulgarian Financial Crisis of 1996/1997," Post-Print halshs-00259740, HAL.
- Berlemann, Michael & Nenovsky, Nikolay, 2003. "Lending of first versus lending of last resort: The Bulgarian financial crisis of 1996/1997," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 11/03, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2000. "The Key to Risk Management: Management," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-42, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Größl, Ingrid, 2005. "The interplay of legal and social norms and the failure of the bank credit market in Bulgaria," Discussion Papers 04, University of Hamburg, Centre for Economic and Sociological Studies (CESS/ZÖSS).
- Sõrg, Mart & Tuusis, Danel, 2008. "Foreign banks increase the social orientation of Estonian financial sector," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 01/2008, University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- K. Dimitrova & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2003.
"Deposits insurance during EU accession,"
- Nikolay Nenovsky & Kalina Dimitrova, 2003. "Deposit Insurance During EU Accession," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-617, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- K. Dimitrova & Nikolay Nenovsky, 2003. "Deposits insurance during EU accession," Post-Print halshs-00259793, HAL.
- Koford, Kenneth & Miller, Jeffrey B., 2006. "Contract enforcement in the early transition of an unstable economy," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Hainz, Christa, 2003. "Bank competition and credit markets in transition economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 223-245, June.
- Chen, Anlin & Kao, Lanfeng, 2011. "Effect of collateral characteristics on bank performance: Evidence from collateralized stocks in Taiwan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 300-309, February.
- Koford, Kenneth, 2000. "Citizen restraints on "Leviathan" government: transition politics in Bulgaria," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 307-338, June.
- Albert Park & Minggao Shen, 2002. "A Refinancing Model of Decentralization with Empirical Evidence from China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 461, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Christa Hainz, 2004. "Are Transition Countries Overbanked? The Effect of Institutions on Bank Market Entry," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 5(2), pages 237-256, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:pennin:97-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fiupaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.