The Rise and Fall of the AMEX Emerging Company Marketplace
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Aggarwal, Reena & Angel, James J., 1999. "The rise and fall of the Amex Emerging Company Marketplace," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 257-289, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harris, Jeffrey H. & Schultz, Paul H., 1997. "The importance of firm quotes and rapid executions: Evidence from the January 1994 SOES rules change," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 135-166, July.
- Huang, Roger D. & Stoll, Hans R., 1996. "Dealer versus auction markets: A paired comparison of execution costs on NASDAQ and the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 313-357, July.
- Kandel, Eugene & Marx, Leslie M., 1997. "Nasdaq market structure and spread patterns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 61-89, July.
- Ying, Louis K. W. & Lewellen, Wilbur G. & Schlarbaum, Gary G. & Lease, Ronald C., 1977. "Stock Exchange Listings and Securities Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 415-432, September.
- Barber, Brad M. & Lyon, John D., 1997. "Detecting long-run abnormal stock returns: The empirical power and specification of test statistics," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 341-372, March.
- G. Maxwell Ule, 1937. "Price Movements of Newly Listed Common Stocks," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10, pages 346-346.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1997. "Limit orders and the alleged Nasdaq collusion," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 91-95, July.
- Jim Angel & Reena Aggarwal, "undated". "Optimal Listing Strategy: Why Microsoft and Intel Do Not List on the NYSE," Working Papers _007, Georgetown School of Business.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik, 1997. "The degree of price resolution and equity trading costs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 9-34, July.
- Van Horne, James C, 1970. "New Listings and Their Price Behavior," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(4), pages 783-794, September.
- Rasch, Sebastian, 1994. "Special stock market segments for small company shares in Europe - What went wrong?," ZEW Discussion Papers 94-13, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Sanger, Gary C. & McConnell, John J., 1986. "Stock Exchange Listings, Firm Value, and Security Market Efficiency: The Impact of NASDAQ," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 1-25, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dewenter, Kathryn L. & Field, Laura Casares, 2001. "Investment bank reputation and relaxed listing requirements: Evidence from infrastructure firm IPOs in Hong Kong," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 101-117, April.
- Cécile Carpentier & Jean-François L'Her & Jean-Marc Suret, 2008. "Stock Exchange Markets for New Ventures," CIRANO Working Papers 2008s-12, CIRANO.
- Fariz Huseynov, 2010. "Review of CIS Stock Markets: Future Perspectives," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 17(1), pages 63-79, May.
- Jay R. Ritter & Andrea Signori & Silvio Vismara, 2013. "Economies of scope and IPO activity in Europe," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on IPOs, chapter 1, pages 11-34 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lin, Wen-Chun & Liao, Tsai-Ling, 2015. "Exchange listing type and firm financial reporting behavior," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 234-249.
- Wai-yan Cheng & Yan-leung Cheung & Yuen-ching Tse, 2005. "The Impact on IPO Performance of More Stringent Listing Rules with a Pre-listing Earnings Requirement: Evidence from Hong Kong," Working Papers 172005, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Paul Clyde, 1999. "Is it Efficient to Impose Costs on Small-Volume Equity Traders?," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 81-92.
- John Board & Alfonso Dufour & Charles Sutcliffe & Stephen Wells, 2005. "A False Perception? The relative riskiness of AIM and listed Stocks," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2006-01, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Rhee, S. Ghon & Wu, Feng, 2012. "Anything wrong with breaking a buck? An empirical evaluation of NASDAQ's $1 minimum bid price maintenance criterion," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 258-285.
- Anne Fremault Vila & John Board, 1998. "Liquidity in Second Tier Equity Markets: Evidence From Londons Alternative Investment Market (AIM)," FMG Discussion Papers dp301, Financial Markets Group.
- Cécile Carpentier & Jean-Marc Suret, 2009. "The Survival and Success of Canadian Penny Stock IPOs," CIRANO Working Papers 2007s-28, CIRANO.
- Carpentier, Cécile & L'Her, Jean-François & Suret, Jean-Marc, 2010. "Stock exchange markets for new ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 403-422, July.
More about this item
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:gesbwp:_002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.