Comparing U.S. and European Views of University Involvement in Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arundel, Anthony & Bordoy, Catalina, 2008. "Developing internationally comparable indicators for the commercialization of publicly-funded research," MERIT Working Papers 075, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Cowan, Robin & Zinovyeva, N., 2007.
"Short-term effects of new universities on regional innovation,"
MERIT Working Papers
037, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Robin Cowan & Natalia Zinovyev, 2008. "Short-term effects of new universities on regional innovation," Working Papers of BETA 2008-02, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Albert N. Link & Donald S. Siegel & Barry Bozeman, 2007.
"An empirical analysis of the propensity of academics to engage in informal university technology transfer ,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 641-655, August.
- Albert N. Link & Donald S. Siegel & Barry Bozeman, 2006. "An Empirical Analysis of the Propensity of Academics to Engage in Informal University Technology Transfer," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0610, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Frank T. Rothaermel & Shanti D. Agung & Lin Jiang, 2007. "University entrepreneurship: a taxonomy of the literature," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 691-791, August.
- Anthony Arundel & Aldo Geuna, 2004.
"Proximity and the use of public science by innovative European firms,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 559-580.
- Geuna, Aldo & Anthony Arundel, 2003. "Proximity and the Use of Public Science by Innovate European Firms," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 86, Royal Economic Society.
- Edward Bergman, 2009. "Embedding network analysis in spatial studies of innovation," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 559-565, September.
- D'Este, P. & Patel, P., 2007. "University-industry linkages in the UK: What are the factors underlying the variety of interactions with industry?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1295-1313, November.
- Goktepe, Devrim, 2006. "Identification of University Inventors and University Patenting Patterns at Lund University:Conceptual- Methodological & Empirical Findings," MPRA Paper 1628, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Nov 2006.
- Phillip H. Phan & Donald S. Siegel, 2006. "The Effectiveness of University Technology Transfer: Lessons Learned from Qualitative and Quantitative Research in the U.S. and U.K," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0609, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Edward Bergman & Gunther Maier, 2009. "Network central: regional positioning for innovative advantage," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(3), pages 615-644, September.
- Goldfarb, Brent & Henrekson, Magnus, 2001. "Bottom-Up vs. Top-Down Policies towards the Commercialization of University Intellectual Property," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 463, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 26 May 2002.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm, 2007.
"Academic entrepreneurship: Social norms, university culture and policies,"
Science and Public Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 34(9), pages 619-631, November.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus, 2007. "Academic Entrepreneurship - social norms, university culture and policies," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 100, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Ursina Kubli & Martin Woerter, 2005. "Determinants of Knowledge and Technology Transfer Activities Between Firms and Science Institutions in Switzerland: An Analysis Based on Firm Data," KOF Working papers 05-116, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Schartinger, Doris & Schibany, Andras & Gassler, Helmut, 2001. "Interactive Relations between Universities and Firms: Empirical Evidence for Austria," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 255-268, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2011-12-05 (Education)
- NEP-EUR-2011-12-05 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEO-2011-12-05 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-IPR-2011-12-05 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-PKE-2011-12-05 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-12-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa11p301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .