Geographical Labour Mobility In Spain - A Panel Data Approach
In this paper, we study geographical labour mobility taken by workers in Spain from a regional standpoint. Using a panel data set referred to the evolution of these decisions in the 1990-2003 period, the main objective is to determine what are the main variables that influence in labour mobility as well as to quantify their impact. To this respect, regional labour market status, spatial variations in employment opportunities and house prices have turned to be the main determinants. Furthermore, also certain socio-demographic characteristic of workers such as education, marital status and the presence of children in the household are also of great relevant.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Widerstedt, Barbro, 1998. "Moving or Staying? Job Mobility as a Sorting Process," Umeå Economic Studies 464, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Bartel, Ann P, 1979. "The Migration Decision: What Role Does Job Mobility Play?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 775-786, December.
- Kent Eliasson & Urban Lindgren & Olle Westerlund, 2003. "Geographical Labour Mobility: Migration or Commuting?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 827-837.
- Manuel Arellano & Olympia Bover, 2002.
"Learning about migration decisions from the migrants: Using complementary datasets to model intra-regional migrations in Spain,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 15(2), pages 357-380.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 2001. "Learning About Migration Decisions from the Migrants: Using Complementary Datasets to Model Intra-Regional Migrations in Spain," CEPR Discussion Papers 2746, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Javier Manuel Romani Fernandez & Jordi Surinach Caralt & Manuel Artis Ortuno, 2001. "Are commuting and residential mobility decisions simultaneous?: the case of catalonia," Working Papers in Economics 73, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015. "Specification tests in econometrics," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-1271, November.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Working papers 185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2004. "Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(1), pages 1-27, 03.
- Adolfo Maza & JosÃ© Villaverde, 2004. "Migratory flows in Spain: a nonparametric and semiparametric approach," ERSA conference papers ersa04p50, European Regional Science Association. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa05p247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.