Geographical Labour Mobility In Spain - A Panel Data Approach
In this paper, we study geographical labour mobility taken by workers in Spain from a regional standpoint. Using a panel data set referred to the evolution of these decisions in the 1990-2003 period, the main objective is to determine what are the main variables that influence in labour mobility as well as to quantify their impact. To this respect, regional labour market status, spatial variations in employment opportunities and house prices have turned to be the main determinants. Furthermore, also certain socio-demographic characteristic of workers such as education, marital status and the presence of children in the household are also of great relevant.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 2001.
"Learning About Migration Decisions from the Migrants: Using Complementary Datasets to Model Intra-Regional Migrations in Spain,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2746, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Manuel Arellano & Olympia Bover, 2002. "Learning about migration decisions from the migrants: Using complementary datasets to model intra-regional migrations in Spain," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 357-380.
- Widerstedt, Barbro, 1998. "Moving or Staying? Job Mobility as a Sorting Process," Umeå Economic Studies 464, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978.
"Specification Tests in Econometrics,"
Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-71, November.
- Javier Manuel Romani Fernandez & Jordi Surinach Caralt & Manuel Artis Ortuno, 2001. "Are commuting and residential mobility decisions simultaneous?: the case of catalonia," Working Papers in Economics 73, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Yuri Andrienko & Sergei Guriev, 2004. "Determinants of interregional mobility in Russia," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(1), pages 1-27, 03.
- Kent Eliasson & Urban Lindgren & Olle Westerlund, 2003. "Geographical Labour Mobility: Migration or Commuting?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 827-837.
- Bartel, Ann P, 1979. "The Migration Decision: What Role Does Job Mobility Play?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 775-86, December.
- Adolfo Maza & José Villaverde, 2004. "Migratory flows in Spain: a nonparametric and semiparametric approach," ERSA conference papers ersa04p50, European Regional Science Association.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa05p247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.