On the Determinants of Cross Border Co-operation of Austrian Firms with Central and Eastern European Partners
I analyse cross-border co-operation of Austrian firms with CEEC partners. Firm size, previous experience with co-operation and depth of integration with the most important partner are more important determinants of co-operation than distance to the closest potential partner. Firms with experience of co-operation are more likely to enter business relationships and less likely not to co-operate. Small firms are unlikely to co-operate in incentive contracts, while firms which are part of production networks typically co-operate in business and ownership relationships. Distance to the closest potential partner increases the probability of not co-operating and reduces the probability of ownership relationships.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||30 Apr 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Arsenal Object 20, A-1030 Wien|
Phone: (+43 1) 798 26 01-0
Fax: (+43 1) 798 93 86
Web page: http://www.wifo.ac.at/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1999.
"R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2001. "R&D cooperation and spillovers: Some empirical evidence," IESE Research Papers D/430, IESE Business School.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 1998. "R&D cooperation and spillovers: Some empirical evidence," Economics Working Papers 328, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Schmidt, Klaus-Dieter, 1998. "Emerging East-West collaborative networks: An appraisal," Kiel Working Papers 882, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Schmitz, Hubert, 1999. "From ascribed to earned trust in exporting clusters," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 139-150, June.
- Wilfried Altzinger & Elisabeth Beer & Christian Bellak, 1998. "Exportieren österreichische Unternehmen Arbeitsplätze nach Osteuropa?," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 24(4), pages 475-502.
- Francine Lafontaine & Kathryn L. Shaw, 1999.
"The Dynamics of Franchise Contracting: Evidence from Panel Data,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(5), pages 1041-1080, October.
- Francine Lafontaine & Kathryn L. Shaw, 1996. "The Dynamics of Franchise Contracting: Evidence from Panel Data," NBER Working Papers 5585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Steiner & Christian Hartmann, 1998. "Interfirm co-operation and learning within SME networks - two cases from the Styrian Automotive cluster," ERSA conference papers ersa98p314, European Regional Science Association.
- Boschma, Ron, 1999. "Culture of "trust" and regional development : an empirical analysis of Third Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa009, European Regional Science Association.
- Rallet, Alain & Torre, Andre, 1999. "Which need for geographical proximity in innovation networks at the era of global economy?," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa128, European Regional Science Association.
- Michael Pfaffermayr, 1999. "Ownership Advantages, Foreign Production and Productivity: Evidence from Austrian Manufacturing Firms," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 15(4), pages 379-396, December.
- Hausman, Jerry & McFadden, Daniel, 1984.
"Specification Tests for the Multinomial Logit Model,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(5), pages 1219-1240, September.
- D. McFadden & J. Hausman, 1981. "Specification Tests for the Multinominal Logit Model," Working papers 292, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Rabah Amir & John Wooders, 1998. "Cooperation vs. competition in R&D: The role of stability of equilibrium," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 67(1), pages 63-73, February.
- Edward Lorenz, 1999.
"Trust, Contract and Economic Cooperation,"
- Fischer, Manfred M. & Varga, Attila, 1999. "Technological Innovation and Interfirm Cooperation," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa010, European Regional Science Association.
- Graziani, Giovanni, 1998. "Globalization of Production in the Textile and Clothing Industries: The Case of Italian Foreign Direct Investment and Outward Processing in Eastern Europe," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt5cr30690, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Reinhold Grotz & Boris Braun, 1997. "Territorial or Trans-territorial Networking: Spatial Aspects of Technology-oriented Cooperation within the German Mechanical Engineering Industry," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(6), pages 545-557.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wpaper:y:2003:i:201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.