Assessing Mondragon: Stability & Managed Change in the Face of Globalization
By drawing on new interview evidence gathered during several field trips and new financial and economic data from both external and internal sources, we document and assess the changing economic importance and performance of the Mondragon group of cooperatives as well as the two largest sectors within the group. Compared to conventional firms in the Basque Country and Spain, and producer co-ops (PCs) and employee owned firms elsewhere, in general we find evidence of growing group importance and strong performance and a similarly strong record for the industrial and retail divisions...
|Date of creation:||01 Nov 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 734 763-5020
Fax: 734 763-5850
Web page: http://www.wdi.umich.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John Pencavel & Luigi Pistaferri & Fabiano Schivardi, 2006.
"Wages, Employment, and Capital in Capitalist and Worker-Owned Firms,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 60(1), pages 23-44, October.
- John Pencavel & Luigi Pistaferri & Fabiano Schivardi, 2006. "Wages, employment, and capital in capitalist and worker-owned firms," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 60(1), pages 23-44, October.
- Pencavel, John & Pistaferri, Luigi & Schivardi, Fabiano, 2006. "Wages, Employment, and Capital in Capitalist and Worker-Owned Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 2188, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joshi, Sumit & Smith, Stephen C., 2008. "Endogenous formation of coops and cooperative leagues," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 217-233, October.
- Burdín, Gabriel & Dean, Andrés, 2009. "New evidence on wages and employment in worker cooperatives compared with capitalist firms," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 517-533, December.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521818537 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2010-1003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laurie Gendron)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.