Estimating the long-term impacts of rural roads : a dynamic panel approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ren Mu & Dominique van de Walle, 2011. "Rural Roads and Local Market Development in Vietnam," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(5), pages 709-734.
- Shenggen Fan & Peter Hazell & Sukhadeo Thorat, 2000. "Government Spending, Growth and Poverty in Rural India," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1038-1051.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Khandker, Shahidur R. & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1993.
"How infrastructure and financial institutions affect agricultural output and investment in India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 337-366, August.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Khandker, Shahidur R & Rosenzweig, Mark R., 1989. "How infrastructure and financial institutions affect agricultural output and investment in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 163, The World Bank.
- Narayana, N. S. S. & Parikh, Kirit S. & Srinivasan, T. N., 1988. "Rural works programs in India: Costs and benefits," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 131-156, September.
- Shahidur R. Khandker & Zaid Bakht & Gayatri B. Koolwal, 2009.
"The Poverty Impact of Rural Roads: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(4), pages 685-722, July.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Bakht, Zaid & Koolwal, Gayatri B., 2006. "The poverty impact of rural roads : evidencefrom Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3875, The World Bank.
- Jacoby, Hanan G. & Minten, Bart, 2009.
"On measuring the benefits of lower transport costs,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 28-38, May.
- Jacoby, Hanan G. & Minten, Bart, 2008. "On measuring the benefits of lower transport costs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4484, The World Bank.
- Michael Lokshin & Ruslan Yemtsov, 2005. "Has Rural Infrastructure Rehabilitation in Georgia Helped the Poor?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 311-333.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adukia, Anjali & Asher, Samuel & Novosad, Paul, 2017. "Educational Investment Responses to Economic Opportunity: Evidence from Indian Road Construction," MPRA Paper 80194, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fujita, Yasuo, 2017. "Does a Rural Road Improvement Project Contribute to Inclusive Growth??A Case Study from Bangladesh," Working Papers 138, JICA Research Institute.
- Martin Wiegand & Eric Koomen & Menno (M.) Pradhan & Christopher Edmonds, 2017. "The Impact of Road Development on Household Welfare in Rural Papua New Guinea," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 17-076/V, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport Economics Policy&Planning; Housing&Human Habitats; Economic Theory&Research; Rural Poverty Reduction; Rural Roads&Transport;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2011-11-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-11-14 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .