Endogenous Institution Formation under a Catching-up Strategy in Developing Countries1
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Knight, John, 1995. "Price Scissors and Intersectoral Resource Transfers: Who Paid for Industrialization in China?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 117-135, January.
- Lal, Deepak & Myint, H., 1998. "The Political Economy of Poverty, Equity and Growth: A Comparative Study," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198294320.
- Yifu Lin, Justin & Nugent, Jeffrey B., 1995. "Institutions and economic development," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 38, pages 2301-2370 Elsevier.
- Krueger, Anne O. & Tuncer, Baran, 1982. "Growth of factor productivity in Turkish manufacturing industries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 307-325, December.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2006. "A Simple Model of Inefficient Institutions," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 108(4), pages 515-546, December.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati & T. N. Srinivasan, 1975. "Foreign Trade Regimes and Economic Development: India," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bhag75-1.
- Jørn Rattsø & Ragnar Torvik, 2003. "Interactions between Agriculture and Industry: Theoretical Analysis of the Consequences of Discriminating Agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 138-151, February.
More about this item
Keywordsdevelopment strategy; institution; price distortion; output control; directive allocation system;
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- O20 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - General
- P41 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4794. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .